Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Coffee: It's a good idea. [DONE]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Whitby
1st year

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Coffee: It's a good idea. [DONE] Reply with quote

*~Wednesday, October 14, 1998~*

He stumbled into the Great Hall before breakfast had begun. There was only one thing he wanted, and it was coffee. He'd learned all about the perils of caffiene addiction from Uncle Angus, but if he was going to keep up this "studying by day, rocketry by night" business, he'd need all the coffee he could lay hands to.

He picked up a cup from the Gryffindor table and poured hiself a cup from one of the urns near the door. Sitting down at the empty table, he braced his head in his hands over the cup, waiting for the liquid to cool.

Last edited by Jeremy Whitby on Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madison walked into the Great Hall yawning. She wanted to beat the breakfast rush and avoid the morning chatter, which always gave her a headache. Slowly, she ambled over to the Ravenclaw table and poured herself a tall glass of chocolate milk. Looking up she noticed a boy sitting a little ways over at the Gryffindor table looking like he was about to fall asleep right in his drink. She chuckled and stood up, then walked over to him. "Mind if I take a seat?" she asked smiling.
Jeremy Whitby
1st year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looked up from the cup and noticed a girl standing next to him. "Ah... um, no. Go right ahead. I'm not in the way or anything, am I?"

He looked a little unnerved, but it was far too early in the morning for him to be properly embarrassed. He sipped his coffee, hoping to clear his head.
Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No," she chuckled "you're not in the way, I just figured since were the only ones in here why be loners?" She sat down beside him and sipped some of her milk from her swirly blue straw.
Jeremy Whitby
1st year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He nodded and contined to look at his coffee. If he could keep his eyes off her -- forget she was a girl -- he'd do alright. But there, he'd just reminded himself again. Think about rockets, Jer.

"I'm Jeremy. I'm also pretty boring." He smiled almost apologetically into his coffee as he took another sip.
Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she laughed " I'm Madison, but you can call me Maddie... and nobody's boring... just some are more interesting than others." she smiled and took another sip of milk.
Jeremy Whitby
1st year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, okay, I guess I do play quidditch." He fiddled with the coffee cup. "And I build rockets. Rockets are really neat."

Jer, for Tituba's sake, you're the Quidditch Captain of Gryffindor. Bold? Dashing? Successful?

Doesn't mean I know how to talk to girls...
Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Wow," she exclaimed "So do I, well we don't really have enough "intrest" in Ravenclaw to make a full team yet.. but Os is working on it. What position do you play?" she asked her eyes sparkling at the mention of quidditch.
Jeremy Whitby
1st year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm a chaser," he said with a smile, "And, well, captain. What are you going to go out for?"

Os? That's the Ravenclaw prefect, no? Jeez, I hope he's not still mad about the other night.
Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her jaw dropped a little bit. kinda boring? you're the quidditch captian for petes sake! she thought. Quickly recovering she said "Oh, i'm not positive yet, probably keeper or beater. Depending on who else shows up." she twirled her straw around in her now empty glass.
Jeremy Whitby
1st year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I bet you'd be an awesome beater. Like a valkyrie on a broom or something -- an avenging force for the glory of your team." He thought about it for a moment and laughed. "I hope you make keeper. I'd hate to get hit by you."

Jer! That's a girl! He blushed and nervously sipped his coffee.
Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She laughed too " I couldn't care less which position I get, I just love to play... and just for that comment, if I make beater, I'm aiming for you!" she joked, poking him lightly on the chest right when she said the word you. Then grinning.

Last edited by Madison Avery on Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Whitby
1st year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had been about to take nother sip of coffee, but dropped his coffee in his lap as she poked him in the chest. Girl! Touching! You! He jumped halfway up, but sat back down, hard, as he realised that leaping up would upset the bench and drop Maddy on he floor.

Grabbing a napkin from a place setting, he smacked it down on the puddle of coffee spreading towards the girl. "S - sorry. I - I - I'm a little ... I - Just clumsy. I didn't get it on you, did I?"

He grabbed a few more napkins and blotted at the half-cup of coffee around and on him.
Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madison glance at her watch. 'Oh Shoot!" she cried "I'm sorry Jeremy meeting you has been a dream, but I have to jet or I'll be late." She smiled and winked at him then rushed out of the hall.
Jeremy Whitby
1st year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Goodbye!" he called after her.

Real smooth, Jer. Way to completely freak a girl out.

He stood up, finished mopping the coffee off the bench, and returned to the dorms to change his pants.

[DONE]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: