Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Entering the Ball
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bea Bleak
New student

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Entering the Ball Reply with quote

*~Friday, 19th of June, 1998~*

Bea walked lightly on her feet into the ball. She had hoped she would meet up with Cemahd there. She had on an amazing silver dress with matching gloves. The gloves went to her elbows, her dress had a corset top that laced in the front, revealing some skin.

The dress poofed out on the bottom and brushed the floor. She had on simple silver ballerina shoes, the laces going up her white stocking'd legs. She wore a simple mask, outlining her pale-golden eyes. Her hair was a wonderful purplish brown, and the curls cascaded down her shoulders, all the way to the top of her dress, which cupped her chest nicely.

"No one is here yet." She said, sighing and finding a chair to sit in.

((I believe this should be the board where everyone walks in and says what they are wearing ^_^ before they go have fun on their own posts Razz))
Mehetabel Prince
3rd year

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wore tall black boots, suede and soft soled, that made barely a sound as he slipped into the room. His dress robes -- full, black, and mandarin-collared -- revealed nothing more. Checking his elaborately piled hair, he scanned the room in search of Martin. There was no one else he particularly desired to see, although he'd spotted the Hufflepuff who hexed the tar out of him on the duelling field, last week. Perhaps the peacock feathered mask was a bit much, but he was nothing if not quietly flamboyant.

Kodo, draped around his shoulders like a stole, chittered anxiously and nipped at his ear.

"She'll be here. She couldn't possibly have ditched..."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Iazolia Sohma
2nd year

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iazolia grinned and walked into the masquerade. She wore a beautiful sea aqua colored dress that matched her eyes perfectly; it was a halter dress that had tucks going all through the halter part. They went down the bodice and crossed at the waist, wrapped around and met in the back. The skirt was exceedingly full and covered in golden beaded butterflies. It gracefully sweeped across the floor when she walked. Her hair was sweeped up and curled with one spiral escaping. Her mask matched her dress with aqua feathers and gold sequins, and a black outline around her eyes to pronounce the color of them.

{kays... tried to make a pic... don't laugh... I'm not very good at paint... *pout* anyhoo, I couldn't get the butterflies to work, so you'll just have to imagine them!!! Twisted Evil Wink Laughing

Normal??? What is this normal you speak of???
Robbie Alvein
2nd year

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbie took a deep breath and entered the masquerade ball. He wasn't too keen on going to dances and he was only going because no one would notice him. He was wearing dark azure blue dress robes that draped down to his new midnight black dress shoes. He wore a pale white mask that covered all of his face but his mouth. He had used a spell to make his hair jet black and another to make his voice a little deeper so it would be hard to recognize him.

{Robbie's mask looks like the one in the picture.

Last edited by Robbie Alvein on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fred Weasley
Adult

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred walked into the ball, his costume terrifying. He took masquarade to the next level. He was practically a wolf walking on two feet in a suit.. only his fur was green?!!? "George.. do you think I overdid it?" He asked only spotting two other people here.
George Weasley
Adult

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George most certainly did think he overdid the costume, but he wasn't going to tell him that... it would ruin his amusement. He held in a snicker the best he could, "Of course not!" he said slapping the green monstrosity on the back, "Hyde has to be frightening!!" he turned away and doubled over in laughter. He was glad that he got to be the other in an jet black James Bond-esque suit. and a simple black mask.
Anna Bargados
New student

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna walked confidently into the ballroom; her costume was quite over-the-top. She looked like a red fox trying to wear a prom dress that matched its fur. She had a hideous mask that made her look like a monster and her glossy black hair was piled on top of her head. She looked back at Faesocha, "Are you sure I didn't over-do it???" she said through her smudged bright red lipstick.

{this is her dress...}
Faesocha Erebus
1st year

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faesocha walked in behind Anna. "No, not too much." She said. "You match him like christmas though." she said pointing to the boy in green fur. She began laughing at her own joke and fell over her own dress onto the boy standing next to the one in green. She instantly pushed herself off of him. Her dress swishing as she stood. She looked at the two boys in front of her and her cousin. "Looks like we arent the only ones who had this idea." She said pointing to them.

Her dress was strapless, and she had nothing covering her shoulders. You could see every scar glistening in the lights of the great hall. Her hair was curled and up, with several free curls stranding down. She had one on each side of her face (part of her face being hidden by a black mask with a pink design on it, matching the shade of pink on her dress), and a few going down her shoulders, one went straight down her spine.

Her dress looked as if it was too long for her, and it was. She had a tendancy to trip on it. She had already doneso onto a most handsome Dr. Jekyll's she had ever seen. She had been trying to keep her empath powers under control, and was doing pretty well so far. She herself was in a very good mood, which also helped.

((Here his her dress... but its WAY longer than that.. long enough for her to trip on, same style ^_^))

The ugliest of people, may have the prettiest of souls, yet we fear to talk to them,
for whatever we have loathed.
Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hated chaperoning dances. Hated it with an alarmingly bright passion. There were, in his mind, few things worse than prizing hormonally charged adolescents off of each other all night.

He grimaced at the Weasley twins with disdain and flinched at the dresses the girls were coming in with. What ever happened to dress robes? On the bright side, the prefect had good taste in clothing... except, perhaps for that godawful mask.

Snape was dressed in much the same manner, but his mask was a simple, black domino.
Osprey Bagman
5th year

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osprey walked through the door into the Great Hall a little nervous. It would figure that he'd arrived just in time for a formal event. While it would certainly make meeting people easier, it would contain an element of risk, since he had no idea what was considered stylish here.

He was wearing black silk shirt, under a black velvet frock coat. His black pants tucked into knee high old-fashioned leather boots. His black hair was loose and wavy, framing his masked face. His mask was white, providing one piece of contrast to the outfit. Atop his head was settled a black top hat, with a blue feather tucked into the band. He looked around, hoping to find someone he'd recognize, or someone who looked worth talking to. Or, for that matter, a pretty girl to dance with.
Regina Wood
New student

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regina's shoes clicked lightly as she walked gracefully into the hall. She had a deep blue dress that was slightly off her shoulders. The shimmering top of the dress flowed into a poofy mesh at the bottom. She had on very simple blue gloves and a deep blue ribbon tied around her neck. Her hair was up in a comb-type thing, and she had random bobbypins in it. She was wearing a white and pink mask, to add a bit of contrast to the blue.

Regina tried to smile as she walked into the ball. She hadnt left her dorm for the longest time, not even for lessons. Adam had broken up with her, and Hermione finally convinced her to come out and have fun.

She hoped she would find someone to talk to, and hopefully dance with. She saw everyone was talking to someone excepting Professor Snape and a young man in a top hat.

((This is her, this is what Regina 'actually' looks like, and her mask))
Alice Wonder
New student

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alice walked silently and gracefully into the hall, her dress making a soft swishing noise and her plain white gladiator sandals making hardly any noise. She wore a white dress that went off into a kind of ruffle like skirt and a plain white mask covered with small white beads.

(That's her dress.)

Last edited by Alice Wonder on Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Draco Malfoy
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draco walked gracefully into the ball. He was dressed in the best black silk robes available. He had on a dark green mask with a large nose. He had on a black wig and sported a "PM" in cursive letters on his robe pocket. He was dressed as the infamous "Potions Master".
Hermione Granger
New student

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hermione strode into the ball confidently. She was wearing lucious black robes with an "H" emblem on her robe pocket. She had on a half faced mask with cat ears. Her hair was pulled back into an extremely tight bun. She was indeed the Headmistress.
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"She'll be here. She couldn't possibly have ditched..."

Martin ran clumsily to the Great Hall dodging late arrivals. She had completely forgotten there was a ball planned, but putting it out of mind wasn't very astonishing in Martin's case. The only kind of dances Martin had any interest in were the costume variety, and she was in luck.

She slowed to a walk when she reached the large double doors. She wore a simple black Chinese-style dress that had a design of crysanthemums, cherry blossoms, and fireflies along the edges. In shadow, the design was black like the dress -- practically invisible -- but in the right light, it appeared in an irridescent glimmer. Her face was completely hidden behind a white kitsune mask. So they were from two different countries, but what did it matter? They went perfectly together.

Martin stalked along the stone walls of the Great Hall, blending almost perfectly with the shadows, looking to spot Meht somewhere in the bustling crowd.

((Ah! I didn't know this was going on! Petition for an extension!))
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: