Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Afraid to close my eyes.. (At Catherines/Closed)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Home for the Holidays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orion Lestrange
4th year

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Afraid to close my eyes.. (At Catherines/Closed) Reply with quote

He slid up to the door, wearing his blue leather jacket. While his clothing looked fashionable, it was clear to the practiced eye that he was armed for bear.

He was wearing a black t-shirt, tight black jeans, and boots laced tight. There was a green silk shirt under the jacket, as well. A black bag was slung under one shoulder. His hair was braided back tightly, and tucked into the jacket.

He took a deep breath, steeling himself, and knocked on the door rather insistently.
Gabriel Adair
New student

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I’m coming for gods sake…” said an aggravated male voice from behind the large door. “What?” he snapped, opening it, his expression going from annoyance to confusion. “Bagman?” he said, backing away to allow the other to enter. “What are you doing here? You have school….”

Last edited by Gabriel Adair on Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Orion Lestrange
4th year

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Adair," he said, a little irritation in his voice. "I have one question, and if the answer's yes, I'll leave. Is Adela here? Or was she here yesterday?" He looked pissed, and his hands were rubbing against his jeans as he waited.
Gabriel Adair
New student

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"She wasn't here when I got here after work last night...' he said, a bit of worry in his voice. "Ca't gone to the market...' he trned his head to look at the clock, "she should be back in ten minutes or so , why don't you ask her if she was here yesterday."

He noticed that the boy was poised to strike, more than usual and that worried him. "Why isn't she at school? If you leave and tell me nothing, I tehn have to deal with Catherine, so wait , or fill me in."
Orion Lestrange
4th year

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He followed Gabe in. "If she's not here, and Cat hasn't said anything.." He started pacing across the apartment.

"I'll wait for her. If she's not been here, I'm taking Cat with me, if she'll come."

He sighed, and lit a cigarette. "Want one?" he asked.
Gabriel Adair
New student

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Never spoke to Cat when I got in mate, just passed out on the sofa.” He said, gesturing to the couch behind the boy. “Was a long night. And she was sleeping when I came in. Adéla in theory could have been in bed with Cat. I really wouldn’t have noticed to be honest.”

“What’s going then?” he said, refusing the cigarette, “ If Adéla is in danger Cat will go armed to the hilt.”
Orion Lestrange
4th year

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I don't know," he said, frustration on his face. "Se was freaked on Saturday. I think the bastard's pulling something, since anything else, she'd have just told me." he said.

"She was determined to come here. To leave school and stay with Cat for a bit. Said she'd owl her. And there was a note that night, saying she'd gone to bed early. But I can't find her anywhere. No one's seen her."

He took another drag of the cigarette, still pacing across the apartment. "I told her there were other places she could go. I just need to know she's safe."
Gabriel Adair
New student

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“By Bastard you mean Syrian.” He said, moving to the kitchen to grab a glass of juice. He held it up in offer to the other boy.

“Considering he’s in the Iles I can’t see how he could be doing anything. I mean, even I haven’t heard from him in ages, and he used to correspond with me.” He took a drink from his juice and paused. “Maybe he died, he’s been sick the last few months…”

Quietly, he drank his juice. “Adéla wouldn’t just leave Bagman….unless she’s become a totally different person in the last few years which I doubt. She’s not as weak as I….” he mumbled, “ So she could be at the market with Cat.”
Orion Lestrange
4th year

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He shook his head. "You don't know, then," he said flatly, his eyes darkening. "Cat will back my opinion of Syrian."

"I wish I thought that, Gabe. You didn't have to put her back together the other night, I did," he said flatly. "It's not so much what she said, as what she didn't." He was chain smoking at this point, trying to stay calm, stay collected.

"And I don't think she's weak, I'm just worried. If this was a lover's spat, or if she'd said she was leaving me, I wouldn't be like this. Oh, I'd be pissed, and a wreck, but this is something else."
Gabriel Adair
New student

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“My perception.” He said quietly, ”Is different, nothing more.”

He leaned onto the counter and started at the other boy. “What, may I ask, didn’t she say?”
Orion Lestrange
4th year

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looked at Gabe, his gaze rather piercing, and shook his head. "I hope that perception comes from ignorance."

"She wouldn't tell me what had her upset. And it sure as hell wasn't me. She's more than willing to strip my hide, if I'm the guilty party. She told me when she and Cat were fighting. She tells me about the nightmares, and other things. He's the only thing likely to shut her up. I asked if it was him, and she wouldn't deny it."

Frustrated, he reached into the pocket of his leather, and pulled out the hip flask Cat had given him, taking a quick drink. "Medicinal," he said flatly.

"What's taking so damn long," he said. His face was empty, expressionless. "They'd bloody well better be together." He reached in his pocket, and lit another cigarette.
Gabriel Adair
New student

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“It did yes.” He said, taking another sip. “It’s hard to accept when you know nothing.” He said carefully.

He rose an eyebrow and shook his head, “I was there when she bought that, so I doubt it. If you wanted a drink you could just ask. Catherine made it clear for me to understand that this is your home as well as Adéla’s to walk into at a whim.”
“Let’s hope.” He said staring at his glass. “Since there are only a few other options of where she could be that I can think of, and none of them are wise if she’s alone.”
Catherine Black
4th year

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She pushed the door open with the back of her heel, arms full of bags. “Gabriel, wake up lazy, I got you breakfast and a few thinks to send to Dela and Os, you should see the…” she stopped walking into the room, and talking when she noticed Os standing there, tense and smoking.

“What’s wrong?” she said, eyes growing dark and a bit fearful as she tossed the bags on the table next to the door.
Orion Lestrange
4th year

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"She's not with you?" he asked. "Nevermind. She said she was coming here." He opened the flask, and took another swig.

"Your hands still willing?" he asked, alluding to the song, and trying to leave Gabe in the dark.

"He set her off. Something happened, she wouldn't tell me. Said she was writing you, and coming here. When she was talking, that is."

He took a drag from the cigarette, and looked at Gabe. "There are 2 other places I could think of that she could have gone to be safe. But if she were there, I'd know, because I'd have arranged it."
Catherine Black
4th year

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“You just do it with a little more finesse.” She said, tossing off her coat. “Look, give me ten minutes to check the normal haunts. If I can’t find her we’ll go alright….but I can’t. She would never go back there coz.”

She walked to her closet and pulled out leather pants, a blouse and a different coat. Stripping in front of it not caring at the moment. “How? He’s still in the Iles. I went last month or so and saw him.” She shudders. “He’s too ill to ravel now. There’s nothing he could do…”

She paused, still half undressed, leather pants on her hips waiting to be done up. “Any letters recently? That’s the only thing I could think of…”

“We know places that you don’t. Never forget that.” She quickly did up her pants and pulled the blouse over her head. Tugging her coat on quickly she then grabbed a pair of boots and laced them up. “Look, she can’t of gone far, not with out telling one of us. She wouldn’t do that Osprey. She loves…she needs you to much.”

Putting her hair up she walked back to the door. “I’ll go as fast as I can, it’s only tree houses. Play nice, and Gabe.” She said, finally looking to the other boy again, “Go grab some paper, and draw a layout of Syrian’s place for Os alright. We aren’t going to play at the moment coz, but we’ll need to look quickly if we don’t want to be noticed.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Home for the Holidays All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: