Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

I Swear, If You Throw One More Bit of Confetti...(newplease)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Hogsmeade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chip Schlange
2nd year

Location: Latched onto Severus Snape's leg. I'll never let go, Snape, never let go...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: I Swear, If You Throw One More Bit of Confetti...(newplease) Reply with quote

~Wednesday, February 14. 1999~

Although it was Valentines Day, and the little tea shoppe was spruced up to an unpleasant degree, Chip had to stop in and grab a quick Earl Grey. If it wasn't for the unbelievable quality of the beverage, she would have skirted around on the other side of the street, completely avoiding the intoxicating place, and frumped her way into the Hog's Head for a few Butterburs.
She winced at the little tingling bell that sounded when she walked in. Seeing how lavishly the place was done up this year made her eyes ache and her brain itch. There wasn't a surface anywhere that wasn't covered in white lace, pink, or red. Feeling very out of place in her own outfit of complete black, head to toe, she sighed. She glanced around quickly and found a very small table near the back corner of the shoppe, wasting no time to occupy it. Letting Madam Puddifoot take her order, she vowed to get out of there as soon as she'd drained the cup.
Unfortunately, the wait was a bit long, what with all the happy little Valentines Day couples filling up the place. Chip growled mentally. If there was anything that failed you nonstop, it was love.
A little gold cherub hovered over her table, looking nervously at the dark, hunched over teen. It hesitantly threw a tiny fistful of confetti towards her, covering her long, black hair in a layer of pink sparkles. Chip threw the little cherub a death glare, using ehr fingers to comb the pink mess from her hair as fast as she could.
"I swear..." she hissed at it.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~Adam Savage
Elisabeth Ostheim
3rd year

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly possessed Elisabeth to step inside the sickly sweet store was unknown, but there she stood. Perhaps it was the fact that her and Viktor had managed to go over a month without fighting. Who knows.

As pale eye (for the eyepatch resided over the damaged one) skirted around the room, and as the excess of pink met her gaze, Elisabeth winced. This was too much. She was about to turn on her heel and exit, when someone caught her eye, someone that looked just about as happy to be here as her.

Warily, she approached the other girl. "Bloody ridiculous, isn't it," She mused, cringing once more at the sight of the place.
Treachery, hypocrisy, promise of love. Look into the mouth of a person and you'll find lies, wriggling there like maggots, waiting to grow wings. The world has gone mad. A man could kill from sun up, to sunset, and still his work would never be done.
Chip Schlange
2nd year

Location: Latched onto Severus Snape's leg. I'll never let go, Snape, never let go...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip looked up, having spent the last few minutes shaking the glitter junk from her hair.
"Ja," she said in agreement. "What the hell's up with all the sickeningly sweet sh** anyway? It's just a holiday..."

Elisabeth Ostheim
3rd year

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Some people have too much time on their hands, apparently." Elisabeth said, feeling slightly nauseated at the sight of it all. The girl took a seat at the table next to Chip's, ordering espresso.

She needed something stronger than the tea the majority was consuming.
Treachery, hypocrisy, promise of love. Look into the mouth of a person and you'll find lies, wriggling there like maggots, waiting to grow wings. The world has gone mad. A man could kill from sun up, to sunset, and still his work would never be done.
Chip Schlange
2nd year

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, the tea Chip ordered was set at the table. She picked it up, turning in her chair to keep the other girl in her sights and sipped the hot ambrosia.
"What brings you here to Cafe Nauseum this freezing Valentine's Day?"

Elisabeth Ostheim
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My daily espresso fix," She said, just as the hot drink arrived. Elisabeth had found a new drug of choice, apparently. "You?" She asked, almost finishing the drink in one glup. The girl winced slightly as the hot liquid carved its way down her throat.
Chip Schlange
2nd year

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Tea," she said shortly, holding up her mug as if giving a toast. She gave a sharp glare to the cherub, in case he felt the need to toss confetti into her cup.
"Unfortunately for me, this place makes the best Earl Grey. Unfortunately for the people here, they have to put up with my dark disposition."
She smirked, taking a sip of tea and glancing out the window to see the snow covered streets.
"I wonder what everyone else is doing for Valentines, you know, the ones who aren't crammed into here."

Elisabeth Ostheim
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I could venture a guess," She trailed off, the idea in her head was a little too crude to say aloud. Smirk graced Elisabeth's lips, as she finished off the espresso.

The caffeine wasn't working fast enough, so the girl kindly (not really) ordered another one. She tapped short nails on the table impatiently.
Chip Schlange
2nd year

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip gave a dark chuckle.
"So could I, but of course, such inappropriate discussions are just the types they're having right now as well. Doing, you know... what they're doing..."
She wiggled her eyebrows and burst out laughing, causing the cherub to wince.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Hogsmeade All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: