Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Weekend in Hogsmeade (Mina)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Hogsmeade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale Schlange
1st year

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Were they muggles? Back where you're from? I'm sorry, it does suck having to leave people behind. Hell, I'm from Germany and I still miss ny friends there..."
He patted her shoulder awkwardly.
"I'm not very good at this sort of thing..."

I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Thus I am perfect.
Mina Cowely
1st year

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, yes... and no. I went to a wizarding school, But unlike Hogwarts it wasn't hidden by enchantements. It was quite out in the open, actually. Instead of hiding it, they told the muggles it was a very prestigious school for gifted children. So, to keep it from being a lie they used the loose definition of "gifted" and took a bunch of arts students." She explained serenely tucking her hair behind her ears, before continuing, "We were all wrapped up in our own little world full of music and painting and random pointless parties, so nobody really knew about the war, and everything else that's going on over here. The only one who really cared was Raye - because she's the eternal queen of doom." Mina grinned and shook her head, supressing a chuckle and continuing with her story.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that going to school over here's changed me, and I've hardly been here long enough to remember where my classrooms are! It's too hard to explain to Zinnia, and Delaney, and everyone else, because they're all so different from me naturally.. I just - don't.. know. I don't belong here. I-I don't fit here. I'm not the same person." Her fingers knotted in her hair in slight frustration.

"Everythings just so confusing." She concluded, letting her hair fall from her fingers and forcing a laugh.
Dale Schlange
1st year

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, no, no, don't talk like that," Dale said, taking her hands and giving her a lopsided smile.
"Everything's gonna be all right. I didn't think I was gonna make friends of my own, but here I am with you. And I think you're just fine..."

Mina Cowely
1st year

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thanks Dale. It's just... frustrating I s'pose. Usually I don't let stuff like that get the better of me." Mina replied, gently squeezing his hands
"I just didn't think it'd be this hard. It's literally like a different planet to me over here." She chuckled, genuinely this time.
Dale Schlange
1st year

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale smiled at her.
"That's the spirit. Now, to top it all off... candy always helps. And not your evil beans!" he quickly clearified.
"I bought some chocolate," he tugged a good sized bar of chocolate from his Honeydukes bag and waved it in front of her face.
"Wanna share?"

Mina Cowely
1st year

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mina smirked slightly and linked arms with Dale. "Yes I would I actually."

"And I would like to point out that it's not very macho of you to solve all of your problems with chocolate. Intelligent, but not very masculine." She pointed out, "And I would not push your luck with the bean issue."
Dale Schlange
1st year

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale resisted the urge to stick out his tongue again at the thinly veiled... well, very openly put insult, but instead broke off a chunk of chocolate and put it in Mina's mouth.
"So ha!"

Mina Cowely
1st year

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mina rolled her eyes with exaggeration, since her mouth was currently preoccupied by the chocolate. As quick as she could, she finished the candy, and was soon able to speak once again.

"If that's how I get rewarded I should say things like that more often." She smirked, nudging him lightly.
Dale Schlange
1st year

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale smiled widely, bowing to an invisible audience.
"Thank you, thank you... and you," he wiggled his eyebrows at Mina.
"Let's get moving to the WWW, shall we?"
He pocketed the remainder of the chocolate, but not before taking a large chunk off for future use.

Mina Cowely
1st year

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Wellll..." Mina drawled, slowing her pace considerably.
"What if I refuse to follow you, oh fearless leader? She mused, finally coming to a stop. "You have to admit, I've been pretty obedient so far... almost uncharacteristically so."
Dale Schlange
1st year

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well," Dale paused to consider his options.
"I could always sling you over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes, but then my back might give out. I'm not as strong as I look," he smirked at her.
"Then there's the 'dragged while kicking and screaming' approach... There's also the 'tempted by chocolate' approach... the 'I'll steal your beans and make you catch me' approach... the list goes on and on. Don't make me leave you here when your new to the area. That'd just be rude of me."

Mina Cowely
1st year

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mina crossed her arms defiantly, as her grey eyes narrowed with apparent skepticism. "You wouldn't." She finally stated confidently.

"First of all, you can't lift me. Second, dragging me would force me to make a god-forsaken scene. Technically, I'm the baby of the family, I can throw a pretty good scene." She explained, a smile growing more pronounced on her lips.

"Thirdly, well... chocolate may work, but I think you underestimate my will power. And my final point, this place is crawling with students, I could easily find my way back." Finished -and quite happily so- Mina found the single lock of brightness in her hair and twirled it around her index finger.
Dale Schlange
1st year

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale pouted momentarily, then his face lit with a devious expression.
"Let's make a scene, baby!" he whooped, throwing himself completely into the act of grabbing the other girl up and settling her upon his back. He hunched over, his weak legs shaking.
"Kick and scream if you want! This is gonna be fun!" he exclaimed, spinning them in circles as fast as his legs would allow without them both falling over.

Mina Cowely
1st year

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You're insane Dale Schlange! You've lost whatever sanity you once posessed!" She cried out through her laughter. Realizing that his legs were shaking, she thought it best not to take him up on the kicking, however. But instead held on tighter so she wouldn't slip off of his back.

"You can put me down now. No offense, but I have little confidence in your piggy-back qualifications..."
Dale Schlange
1st year

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale gave a whoosh of a happy sigh, slowly lowering Mina to her feet.
"Thank Gott, I was going to pass out for a moment there. Not to say that you're heavy that is, I... I... uhm..." he scratched the back of his head and laughed.
"Sorry, I'm a verbal klutz. You're very light. I'm very... wobbily. So, will you come with me or do we have to make another scene? I don't think my legs can take it."

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Hogsmeade All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: