Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Afternoon Drinks

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Hogsmeade -> Pure Chance Parlour
View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Lloyd
New student

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Afternoon Drinks Reply with quote

Friday, 7th May, 1999

Will had come into Hogsmeade after work, tired, irritable, and in need of a stiff drink...or two. Finding that the Hog's Head and Three Broomsticks were even more crowded than was usual for a Friday night, he had decided to try his luck somewhere else when a sign on a nearby building had caught his eye.

Pure Chance Parlour? He shrugged, and decided to go in, not feeling up to Apparating elsewhere.

He pushed open the door, walked up to the counter, and surveyed the room with a trained and keen eye. A stage had been set up, and he noted the tables around the room.

"Hello?" he called.
Simon Chance
New student

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hello, hello, hello!"

An American voice cried out from behind a curtain. Simon Chance hustled out of a back room, quickly moving to greet his customer. The man, seeming a bit young looking and light hearted for his mid-thirties, was dressed rather nicely in a hunter green tuxedo, tails pressed down his back.

A hand was affixed in front of him, a second clapping on to Mr. Lloyd's shoulder.

"Welcome, young man, to The Pure Chance Parlour! My name is Simon Chance, the owner and proprietor. Come on in, let me take your coat, have a seat!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
William Lloyd
New student

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will visibly tensed as the man clapped his shoulder, and shrugged it off with a quick twist of his arm. For the sake of courtesy, he pasted a thin smile onto his face and shook the man’s proffered hand. After all, Will supposed, such incredibly familiar and overenthusiastic behaviour was rampant amongst Americans.

“Pleasure, Mr Chance,” he said curtly. “William Lloyd. I’d prefer to keep my cloak with me, however, if it’s all the same to you.”
He shrugged out of his dark blue cloak and hung it over his arm, before moving to the seat indicated by the older man.

“What drinks are available, Mr Chance?” he asked.
Simon Chance
New student

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Lloyd."

He moved around to the other side of the table, handing a small leatherbound menu to the younger man.

"In here there is a listing of all of our wines, liquors, and tobaccos. On the opposite page is a listing of our sparkling and non-alcoholic drinks, in case one is on the clock. Also, our premier wine of the day is the House Merlot. Take as much time as you'd like, Sir. And feel free to ask for a sample if you're not sure."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
William Lloyd
New student

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will leafed through the book, finger trailing down the list of drinks.

“I cannot seem to find it listed, but do you happen to have any Penderyn Single Malt Welsh whisky?” he asked.

Penderyn Single Malt Welsh whisky...his favourite drink.

“If not, I’ll just have a John Power & Son whisky. And don’t call me ‘Sir.’ I’m off-duty – my name will suffice,” he concluded abruptly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Hogsmeade -> Pure Chance Parlour All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: