Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Yule Ball - Wow....(OPEN)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alquession Konkesai
3rd year

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Yule Ball - Wow....(OPEN) Reply with quote

Wow... Was all AL could say. He had never been to an actual dance before, and was rather impressed by the decorations. He nervously shuffled in from the entrance and observed various couples dance and many groups lingering and laughing.

Al stopped in front of a table filled with colorfull snacks and a large punchbowl in the middle and began to feel a little out of place.

He was wearing something very different from everyone else. Everyone else wore their colorful dress gowns and dress robes, which he couldnt tell apart at first.

He was wearing a white "Barong" which was a formal white coloured shirt, with long sleeves and a strange mirrored design along the middle. The white shirt came down slightly past his waist and was wearing black pants and shoes to go along with it. Tonigt he was not wearing his bandana like he usually did and had attempted to slick his hair back. Somehow it was working and his semi-long hair lay harmless on his head.

With a slight yawn he walked over and poured himself a drink.

Al...the best i can picture him using sprites

GO KAKESHI!
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin ran up to Al quite suddenly, catching him off guard. She gave him an enthusiastic hug, knocking the wind out of him. "Al! I'm so glad you came!" She relinquished her grip and stood back to admire his attire. "You look smashing, Al! I like the hair." She grinned teasingly.
3rd year

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al nearly spilled his punch as Martin came back from behind. Without turning to look at her he said...

Thanks...im glad someone noticed that, I almost got killed trying to tame this damn thing. Al turned to look at his friend, while taking a long draught from his punch glass.

He almost drowned in his punch. He choked and coughed hard, doubling over as he tried to get the fluid out of his lungs, as he saw his friends dress. It was an amazingly pretty dress, the likes of which Al had never seen.

He coughed one last time and straightened. He looked up to meet Martins gaze. Geze Martin.... Placing his punch glass on the table.

I always thought youd never be caught dead in a dress and now i look at you.... Al suddenly coughed a few more times then said. Well my dying lungs couldnt have said that any better

GO KAKESHI!
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin possitively beamed at him. She didn't even mind the comment about her usual avoidance of dresses. "I'm glad you like it! I worked really hard to finish it before the ball without making a hack job of it."

"Don't cough up a lung over it though. Hey! Are you any good at dancing?" Something must have been in the punch, or maybe it was just the euphoria of not procrastinating for once, making something impressive, and receiving compliments for it.
3rd year

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh....Maybe. was the only response he could think of to Martins question. The truth was he was a fair dancer.....back in his own town, but people here danced much different than back home. He recognized a few traditional dances but was in awe at one couple doing the so called "tango" he heard so much about.

To be honost Martin...i really dont know much about dancing from here. He said, becoming increasingly interested in his empty punch glass.

GO KAKESHI!
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Eh? I don't mind. I'm not really a fan of the dance styles around here. I was kinda hoping you'd show me some moves. I just can't seem..." She started tapping her foot to the beat of the song, turning it into a kind of stomp. "...to get into..." she tried rocking to the groove ((heh, groove)). "... the rhythm." She abandonned her endeavors. "Ugh. I'm no good at this. Maybe if they were playing the Pillows..."
3rd year

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pillows Al thought humorously What kind of song is named the pillows?

Al laughed slightly. Well Martin i cant teach you much..However Al said sliding his right foot back so the his feet formed an "L". It was much like his battle stance except that his body was straight instead of hunched slightly. His hands werent in front of him and "at the ready" but instead clasped firmly behind his back.

I could show you a trick... He closed his eyes and began tapping his right foot. How a person could get the beat to any song...

He opened his eyes but kept his right foot tapping to the beat of the song.
Try it...close your eyes and relax, this way your mind is focusing entirely to the beat and not distracted by your sense of sight.....even though you may not like the song youll still like the beat.

Al smiled.

GO KAKESHI!
Albus Dumbledore
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Al has caught the attention of the Mistletoe. It will hang over his head and sing 'Santa Baby' until someone else kisses him or the ball ends. To have the Mistletoe removed, PM an admin with a link to the post in which a kiss is delivered.))
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling kinda silly, Martin followed suit and closed her eyes, concentrating on the beat of the Wierd Sisters. She began tapping her foot to the rhythm too, and just as she was starting to get comfortable -- a breathy, high-pitched voice squeaked, "Santa Baby, just slip a sable under the tree, for me! Been an aweful good girl..."

Martin's eyes flew open. "What in God's name is that screeching!?" She pressed her hands tightly over her ears and looked around wildly for the source of the disturbance. Some near-by dancers had obviously heard it too and were looking at them curiously.
3rd year

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al stopped his movements and looked towards the source of the noise. A few feet above him was this odd green plant with what looked like red marbles attached to it. The screeching didn't bother him...much.... He reached for the plant that was just within his grasp.

Odd piece of decoration....green and red...festive.. He examined it in his fingers...

And it sings...too....ugh He cringed as a rather unpleasant note was emitted from the plant. He let it float back above him.

You guys have some very weird traditions.

GO KAKESHI!
Isaharia Ickle
2nd year

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isa walked in and smiled at the singing Mistletoe above Al. "Nice one. Who you going to get to do the dirty deed?" she asked. "Hey Martin."
Alquession Konkesai
3rd year

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al turned to look at Isa, he paused for a moment as he saw her dress. It was rather risque...but not beyond the boundaries of decency. Al took a moment to admire her dress before asking....

"Dirty deed" what? He gritted his teeth as the mistletoe gave another loud shriek.

sounds like a jackle in a meet grinder..... He said....

how do you make it stop?

GO KAKESHI!
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Mistletoe has white berries I believe, not red. Holly is red.))

Martin gimaced. "The English tradition concerning mistletoe is that whoever is standing underneath it has to..." Martin gulped. "...kiss." She glared moodily at the obnoxious weed. "We'll probably have to do something of the sort to get it to bug off, but," Martin slipped her wand from a pocket concealed in the part of her dress. "I have a better idea." She looked wicked as she targeted the mistletoe.
3rd year

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al seemed to stiffen as he heard the words kiss. He had never kissed a girl before, neither had he considered doing it.

When Martin suggested an Alternative, Al felt relieved, yet strangely felt a tad disappointed for letting a new experience slip......He shrugged of the feeling and watched to see what Martin would do.

GO KAKESHI!

Last edited by Alquession Konkesai on Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Isaharia Ickle
2nd year

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isa looked at the wand. "I suppose we could try spells. What are you thinking Martin?" She asked, drawing her own wand.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: