Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Yule Ball - Wallflowers [Martin/open]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mehetabel Prince
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Yule Ball - Wallflowers [Martin/open] Reply with quote

Nothing had gone wrong, yet, as far as he could tell. He leaned against the wall in an alcove, intending to keep an eye on things without allowing anyone behind him. Rubbing the bridge of his nose with one finger, he wondered idly how long it would take Martin to notice him lurking. She did look amazing in that dress.

He decided that he'd buy some clothes over the summer. There is, after all, only so long a person can wear the same six turtlenecks, three pairs of pants, and four robes. This year he'd buy something new.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin was starting to feel very uncomfortable wandering around the dance floor, surounded by colorful and cheerful dancers, but still feeling very much alone. She abandonned the search for Meht and headed off to find a quiet corner until she spied an opportunity.

Discovering a private-looking alcove, she rushed inside... and collided with its current occupant. "Oh my gosh!" She appologized rapidly. "I'm so sorry! I didn't realize anyone was back here! .....Meht?"
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He laughed. "I wondered how long it would take you to start investigating the dimly-lit corners of the room... I figured it would be best to watch this one from afar. After that unfortunate series of events at the last ball, I just..." he trailed off, looking slightly saddened.

"But, of course, I have you to keep me company, now. This can't be all bad." He smiled and leaned back against the wall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin looked very pleased with that statement. "Yeah, that last ball was a bit of a disappointment, for me anyway. There's no fun in a ball if you don't enjoy it with your friends. You look dashing, by the way." She gave him a playful poke in the shoulder, then stood back a little,nervously pushing imaginary dirt around with the toe of her heel, fishing for a comment on her dress.

"Don't worry about those pesky Slytherins. If they cause any trouble, and I'm sure they will eventually when they tire of the proceedings, we'll just clean house." She gave Meht a mishievious look.

Last edited by Martin Miggs on Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mehetabel Prince
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looked appraisingly at her. "Let me see the back," he said, circling her. "Nice dress. Is it new?"

"There are three people I've got my eye on, so far. The Ostheims --" he pointed to Azriel and Elisabeth, "-- and that Gryff firstie." He pointed to Kastor. "The Ostheim girl has lost us more house points than I like to think about, and that firstie has an unfortunate habit of hexing his betters."
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin gladly turned a circle. She liked the way the ruffle at the bottom fluttered outward as she spun so much that she giggled giddily and spun again, and again... Mehetabel had to grab her by the forearm to get her to stop. "Oops, sorry." She grinned appologetically. "I decided to try my hand at sewing, with some magical assistance of course. I don't rightly trust myself with a needle. So you like it?" Martin was such a procrastinator that she was immensely proud of herself for just being able to complete the thing. She probably would have been pleased with herself even if Meht said that he hated it.

Martin gave a groan at the mentioning of the Ostheims. "They just can't supress their utter Slytherininess, can they?" When Kastor was brought up, she felt a twinge of regret for what happened in the library, but the bit of explanation cheered her up. "I guess I won't bother feeling sorry for accidentally hexing him unconscious then."
3rd year

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looked appalled. "Define Slytherin-ness. I think they're a pair of 'daddy-go-buy-me's who've never been denied a desire. Contrary to popular belief, that does not encourage cunning or good taste, the two Slytherin points of pride." He laughed. "Lucius Malfoy is a demanding ass, but people already know what he's capable of, what sorts of things he could do or have done, the moment they're not looking. These two are making bets with no social capital to back them."

"You hexed up the firstie?" He laughed again. "That little brat gets around! At least it looks like Os has him handled." He pointed to the unfolding scene; Os was leading Kastor back over to some Gryffindors.

"And, yes, dear. The dress is fantastic." He pressed a finger to his lips and touched her nose.
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it concerning you. It's just that aside from you and Dimitri, I really can't think of any Slytherins that wouldn't hex a Mudblood like me for looking sideways at them."

"Speaking of Dimitri, have you seen him at all lately? I haven't spotted him anywhere, and he's not here at the ball either." She gave him a suspicious look. "You're not hiding anything from me, are you? 'Cause if Dimitri is in trouble..."
3rd year

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey, if 'Mitri's in trouble, I didn't do it. More than that? I didn't even hear about it. I just figured he'd finally started studying or something." He held his hands up in the universal gesture of 'I know nothing', and backed up a step.

"What do you think's going on over there?" He pointed to where Snape was conversing with two women and Professor Wackshaw was glaring daggers at his back.
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh," she said, giving an unconcerned wave, dismissing the inquiry as rather obvious. "You know Wackshaw. Snape is probably doing his best to ignore her and she probably thinks it's because he's got a thing for Mitzi." Martin turned to look at the trio with a sudden spark of interest. "Mitzi had better watch her back. That Wackshaw can be a bit loony if you ask me." She looked back at Meht with a raised eyebrow. "Shall we investigate the matter?"
3rd year

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He smiled wryly at the scene across the room. "I don't know. I'd like to think my head of house can take care of himself. Of course Wackshaw does look rather predatory, and Merlin only knows what Tonks just said to him. Goodness. That looks bitter."

He looked rather startled and wondered what on earth the other professor had said. "Hmm, perhaps. He is starting to look like a bit of bailing out might not be wholly amiss..." He tried desperately to suppress the laugh bubbling up in his throat, but only managed to force it into a snicker.
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, that settles it then," said Martin decidedly, smacking her fist into the palm of her hand. "They'd probably just disregard us if we tried to weasle our way into the conversation. Hamilton doesn't look like she's having much luck. A diversion then?"
3rd year

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes, but what? I'd really rather not get into what is almost bound to be an argument with a Gryffindor I don't know from Adam. That will surely result in the wrong kind of attention." He considered for a few moments.

"Hm. Shall we get some punch and cookies? I'm certain a few well-placed comments will distract professor Tonks, if not Madame Tish." He held his arm out to her to lead her across the floor. "I'm certain I can ask some horrifically complex question about transfiguration and metamorphmagi."
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin accepted the proffered arm, and together they made for the punch bowl. "But I thought it was Wackshaw we were going to distract?" She whispered. "I'm sure she's the one that Snape would rather escape from. If we lure the other two away, then he'll be stuck with her."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: