Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Yule Ball -- should I stay or should I go [open]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Yule Ball -- should I stay or should I go [open] Reply with quote

Maddie sat close to the wall watching her fellow students come in with smiles plastered on their faces, most likely looking for their dates.

Bored with people watching she examined her shoes, she'd been so excited when she bought them-- strappy black heels that laced up to her knee-- but now even they seemed a waste, her dress almost reached the ground so you could hardly see them. It was obvious, Madison was not in the mood for a ball.

You could just leave you know...

Letting out an audible sigh she closed her eyes and massaged her temples, then realized how odd she must look and opened them again, returning her gaze to the steady stream of people coming through the doors.
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naomi walked around the room, obviously dateless. She surveyed the room as other students filed by.

She didn't have a dress on. She hated dresses. Instead she wore a nice suit, something that could have passed for an interview outfit in the muggle world, if it weren't for that wand pocket in the liner.

She walked up to Maddie and smiled.

"O, if you raise this house against house, / It will the woefullest division prove / That ever fell upon this curs'd earth!" - Carlisle, Shakespeare's Richard II
Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddie raised an eyebrow at the girl, looking her up and down. She'd heard of non-conformity but this was just ridiculous, some people really took it to a high art. But nonetheless she wasn't going to be nasty, at least not out loud.

"Um.. hi?"

Who does this girl think she is?

Her sudden streak of unpleasentness caught even her off guard, though she only heard it once, her brain flashed back to something she'd been told a long time ago.

You're more like him then you think...
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you've got to admit, part of the reason you're not wearing a dress, Naomi, is because you're too lazy/scared/etc to replace the one you lost during the flood.

"Hey," said Naomi smiling.

"I like your dress. Where did you get it from?"

"O, if you raise this house against house, / It will the woefullest division prove / That ever fell upon this curs'd earth!" - Carlisle, Shakespeare's Richard II
Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddie gave her a small smile,

"Oh, thanks, I got my mom to get it imported from some obscure place. If there's one thing in life she cares about, it would most likely be dresses." she said with a shrug, resting her shin in her palm.

And shoes, accessories, hair... god that woman needs a life.
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Awesome," replied Naomi.

She smiled back. "It looks like your mom has an eye for fashion."

"Sorry, I don't think we've met. What was your name again?"

Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No I don't believe we have, Maddie Avery. It's short for Madison, but as of lately I can't stand that name." she said, leaning back in her chair, still keeping a semi-curious eye on the door. Her hair was in loose curls and despite the different hairstyle it still managed to fall in her eyes, with an irritated sigh she shoved it out of the way.
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm Naomi Hamilton by the way," the Gryffindor responded. "Nice to meet you."

She turned around and looked at the punch bowl.

"Would you like a drink or anything?" she asked Maddie.

Veril Dobbs
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veril glided up behind the Gryffindor. "Hello Madison, kind Sir." she said to the boy in the suit. She walked over to Madison and crouched down. "How do you fa. . oh, forgive me. You aren't a Sir at all. . though, the look is much improved that way." Veril said with a smirk. She turned back to Madison. "Madison, you're beautiful dress is going to get messed up if you stay sitting on this dirty floor." she said.
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naomi didn't see it as an insult at all. She turned around and with her head tilted flashed Veril a genuine smile. There was no inkling of hurt on her face.

"I like your dress, Veril," said the Gryffindor, her voice holding no malice. "The purple really goes well with you."

Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddie smirked and stood up, "I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for the fact that I've been dying to wear this dress."
She leaned back against the wall, and wrinkled her nose,
"And watching people dance is about as fun as watching grass grow."
Still smirking she looked from Veril to Naomi, sensing the obvious tension.

She's obviously has even less brain cells than your average Gryffindor.
Veril Dobbs
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, whoever said you cant be dancing my dear?" Veril asked, holding out a pale hand for Madison to dance with. She turned to the Gryffindor. "I'll save you one if you're lucky." she said, walking off to the dance floor with Madison.

((Sorry for the slight GM))
Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Smile no problem))

Madison laughed ,

"As a matter of fact no one," she said taking Veril's hand before casting a contemptuous glance at Naomi.
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naomi smiled back, her eyes and face ridiculing the Ravenclaw.

So Miss Ravenclaw just met me two minutes ago. And then her friend comes along, then she just decides to hate me.

Stupid extroverts! Oh how weak they are! Oh how easily they are swayed by others!

Naomi walked towards the punch bowl.

Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddie rolled her eyes as they walked away from teh Gryffindor,

"Thank you for coming to my rescue Miss Dobbs." she grinned, she could tell from the way they'd acted towards each other that Veril and Naomi had met before and it obviously had not gone too well.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: