Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Yule Ball - With a Suspicious Eye [open]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was standing at the punch bowl, drinking whie she was hearing the profs' conversation.

She laughed at Prof. Snape, characterizations on the Ostheims. She almost choked on her punch.

In response to Mitzi's comment, she said embarrasingly: "I like the alliteration that you used."

That was all she could say. Life had taught her to be embarrased and submissive in front of her superiors, and she had learned its lesson.

"O, if you raise this house against house, / It will the woefullest division prove / That ever fell upon this curs'd earth!" - Carlisle, Shakespeare's Richard II
Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He raised an eyebrow at Tonks. "I have work to do, I'm afraid, but your aunt was gracious enough to offer me a spot at her table."

"So, speak of this sway that stops sassy second-class citizens from shouting about sinkholes. I'm afraid I've missed your meaning." He looked slightly confused, but proud that he had managed a snappy alliterative reply. "And thank you for thinking of the stairs. Filch always refused to handle them."
"Of course, in a novel, people's hearts break, and they die, and that is the end of it; and in a story this is very convenient. But in real life we do not die when all that makes life bright dies to us." -- H.B. Stowe, Uncle Tom's Cabin
Catherine Black
4th year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine walked over to the punch bowl to get a drink. “Professor Snape, Professor Wackshaw.” She nodded at everyone else since she didn’t know their names. “How are you all this evening?”
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey," she said, looking at Catherine. It was so refreshing to see more students at the table because the professors seemed to be ignoring her.

"I don't think I've seen you before. My name is Naomi Hamilton." She held out her hand.

"O, if you raise this house against house, / It will the woefullest division prove / That ever fell upon this curs'd earth!" - Carlisle, Shakespeare's Richard II
Catherine Black
4th year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She shook the girls hand “Catherine Black.” She took in the girl’s attire and smilled. “So it must be boring here, since the teachers are talking to each other. Why aren’t you with your friends?”
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm new here," responded the introverted Gryffindor. "I just transfered in. I'm still trying to make friends."

"How do you like your house?"

Catherine Black
4th year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She tried her best not to laugh at the poor girl and cleared her throat. “You know no one here? At all? I love my house, some of the people leave much to be desired, but I still enjoy it.”
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No, I do know people at the school," she repiled. "I just haven't found them yet. I think they're just coming in."

She looked at Catherine's dress.

"I like your dress by the way. Where did you get it?"

Nymphadora Tonks
Adult

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A new baby, Mitzi? That's delightful," she said in a ebullient tone. "Well, Professor Snape, if you do happen to go visit with my aunt, please pass my regards to the side of the family that refuses to have anything to do with me," she said, her voice cold. "And do have a good time."
Catherine Black
4th year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Thank you, it’s from this muggle shop in London, I’m friends with the owner and told her I needed something for the evening. She was more than happy to send it to me.” She was getting bored with this. “I’m going to go look for my boyfriend. If you’ll excuse me.” She nodded and walked away looking for someone she knew, or didn’t to talk too.
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Mitzi hadn’t missed Naomis’ remarks, in the slightest, and twinkled a playful smile over to the girl. Sometimes things just took a moment or two to register with her.

“Oh, clever,” she laughed with a churring tone, “But it just means one must practice quite a lot to be a flake off of the old upper crust, it just doesn’t just happen. I think I meant that, I kind of got lost.”

A bright and soundless ‘hello!’ was mouthed over to Catherine, with a little wiggle of fingers, before giving a sort of shrug-nod-wide eyed expression up to Severus.

“It needs to be done, it shouldn’t take but a few days, I think,” earnest, yes, with a turning of glad smile to Tonks, “I do hope so, I was the last baby in the family!”

And cast the ashes back in their eyes.
Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He glared surreptitiously at Wackshaw. "Yes, Professor Tonks, but I'd prefer not to see at least one of your aunts. In point of fact, I should be significantly pleased if she never darkened my door again."

He smirked directly at Tonks. "Of course if you meant your other aunt, I'd be more than thrilled to pass on your regards."
"Of course, in a novel, people's hearts break, and they die, and that is the end of it; and in a story this is very convenient. But in real life we do not die when all that makes life bright dies to us." -- H.B. Stowe, Uncle Tom's Cabin
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family wasn't much of a good subject, Mitzi was certainly finding out. At least, not wise for open conversation! Though her gaze remained brightly on the students dancing and conversing, she sidled a bit closer to the table.

There was a sugar cookie decorated in red and green sprinkles that was all hers.

Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He watched Mitzi edge closer to the table, and in a fantastically unchivalrous move, he jealously snatched up a cookie with chocolate sauce and green sprinkles. No sense in letting that go to ... well, anyone but him. Mmm, chocolate. You're a bastard, Albus.

He firmly blamed the former headmaster for getting him hooked on chocolate, although young Mr. Prince hadn't really helped. The prefect was always eating chocolate, or at least carrying some.

He conjured a smug smile as he loaded the chocolate-coated treat into his mouth and licked his fingers. He would have looked like the cat who ate the canary, except for the fact that he looked more like a serpent in a henhouse. Same principle, in the end.
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, he wasn't! Wide eyed, she dashed out a hand to snatch the red and green sprinkled cookie before she realized Severus had snagged the one in chocolate. He could look as smug as he liked, the daisy girl wrinkled up her nose slightly, and primly.

"Then you'll get chocolate on your fingers," decidedly, she assured the man, as if this was a terrible fate to befall.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: