Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Yule Ball - With a Suspicious Eye [open]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nymphadora Tonks
Adult

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I see. I'm sure he's just terribly enchanted with the mistletoe," she said with a smirk. "And yes, I do in fact have a date. I've been seeing one of the other Professors here for a while," she said fetching herself a glass of punch. "Of course, he's not made it to the ball, yet. I do have to wonder what he'll be wearing tonight. I somehow doubt he'll manage to look nearly as charming as Professor Snape, here," she said with a wicked grin.
Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His cheeks burned brightly as he sneered down at Tonks. He decided he'd be having a word with the boys about this robe. "Your bloody uncles thought it was a good idea," he hissed, not loud enough to be heard by anyone but the two women directly before him.

"At least I've managed to tastefully represent my house's colours, this evening. It's more than I can say for most of the people here." He spoke crisply, forcing the grimace off his face and allowing only a disdainful sneer.
"Of course, in a novel, people's hearts break, and they die, and that is the end of it; and in a story this is very convenient. But in real life we do not die when all that makes life bright dies to us." -- H.B. Stowe, Uncle Tom's Cabin
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, I think it looks very nice on him," Mitzi volunteered, a tip of her head and a larks-bright study over the clothing Severus wore. Her hands fell to her sides, lightly pulling at the gathers of the full skirt of the gown she wore, swishing likely to hear the satin whisper.

"I think it would be better to wear this than my tribal clothing, yours seem much warmer, anyhow."

So chipper, and soft laughter riding on her words.

And cast the ashes back in their eyes.
Nymphadora Tonks
Adult

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She giggled. "I did mean it when I said you looked charming in it. It suits you. And of course they did. I'm not terribly surprised. They both seem to have an eye for fashion," she said, as quiet as he had been.

"As for representing house colours, what do you think I'm doing. That's what the hair and top are about. But really, we're adults, and I figure we ought to be above such petty matters as limiting our clothing choices by things such as that. Besides, you know me, I like a lot of colours. Always a riot in the making, that's my wardrobe. At least when I'm not actively teaching," she said with a grin.
Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He glanced despairingly at Mitzi. She had to be making fun of him. "Dare I ask about your tribal clothing, or shall I simply assume that I'm being set up to be the butt of something and begin despairing without any further effort on your part?"

He turned his gaze to Tonks as she spoke. "A riot in the making, indeed, Professor Tonks. How are your teacups faring this week?"
"Of course, in a novel, people's hearts break, and they die, and that is the end of it; and in a story this is very convenient. But in real life we do not die when all that makes life bright dies to us." -- H.B. Stowe, Uncle Tom's Cabin
Nymphadora Tonks
Adult

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This week? Well, I think I've managed not to break any of them just lately, but then I seem to be replacing them regularly. I do seem to have become more popular with the students lately, though. Which means that the riot in the making has stunned some of them into silence," she said, taking a piece of chocolate from the table and popping it into her mouth.

"And how're you doing with the students, lately, Professor Snape? Still keeping them all running in fear, I presume?"
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breifly, the daisy girl was caught quite by surprise. Wide eyed gaze and faint parting of her lips, shaking her head quickly. That was the beginning of the end for the roll her hair was in, tresses began to escape down her back.

"Oh, no. I wouldn't do that. The others usually make fun of our tribes' ways, we're very primitive," she assured him earnestly, a slight wrinkle of her nose with her words, "It's funny, that's all."

Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He uttered a short bark of laughter at Tonks's question. "I certainly hope so. The last thing one needs is nosey, sympathetic students."

Mitzi sounded honestly surprised that he had thought any such thing. That was probably a good sign for him and a bad sign for her. "Enlighten me, Madame Tish."
Nymphadora Tonks
Adult

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She laughed. "You certainly have a point there, Professor Snape. I think there are times my life would be easier without being on quite such friendly terms with a few of the students," she said. "But then, not all of us have your dramatic flair for being so offputting. I guess it's just a special gift of yours, that ability."
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughter burbled with both the tea cups and terrorizing, as much as for the encouragement to explain what she would say, though it flushed her cheeks all over again.

"Oh, I think they think I'm just ditzy," and to a point, she was, really, just like the little silver foxes, "It's just a grass skirt, you know. I like to dye the grass blades purple with the blackberries. My brothers made me a cape of bearskin, too, for Birdsongs. It's always cold then."

Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Grass and skins? I can see where you might catch a chill wearing something that skimpy in Scotland. Especially this time of year." He paled at the thought of being outside in that little -- under any conditions.

"How has the school been treating you? Not too much trouble from the students, I hope?" He looked like a very restrained wrathful god as he spoke of the students. "We've had an unusually difficult time with some of them, this year. The war does strange things to people."
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It is colder here than the mountain, yes," agreed with a laughing smile, because, well, "I didn't believe it could be colder than Big Bear in winter, but oh, my! I sleep under the bear skin, too."

When someone believed that forty degrees was shirtsleeve weather, Mitzi knew she had to re-evaluate her beliefs of relative tempeture.

"Oh, I like them, very much. The school, and the students. Mr. Azriel, he was a little grumpy with me, but I expected that, he did get caught. I hope to see him become what he wishes to be."

That she added in a lowering of voice, indulgance of tone tinged with a sly touch of amused irony.

Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was forced to admit to himself that he knew little of the Ostheims. "As opposed to his sister, who seems to have a desire to become a clay pigeon? What does Mr. Ostheim desire to do with his silk-spun life?"
Nymphadora Tonks
Adult

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That it does, Professor Snape, that it does. I'm still realising quite how much it's done myself," she said. "But really, at an event like this, we ought be thinking of the more entertaining end of things. I'm certainly looking forward to spending the holiday with those I love. You?" she asked, directing her question to both of the people she'd been conversing with.
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Even clay pigeons have their uses, you know." A fox nudging open the henhouse could not have had a sharper smile than the little daisy girl, for an instant.

"I do believe he sees a -- an expression of perfection in power that precludes pithy pleblians from pointing out potholes."

Deadpan. Utterly, yes. From the instant she realized she'd run herself down an alliterative vein.

For as long as she could be, which wasn't, very. She shone a brilliance of smile to Tonks.

"I'm going to see to the stairs here, while the children are gone, they're terribly in need of fresh varnish and repairs. But I'll be home at least a day, Yule, and maybe my brother and sister in law will have a new baby to show us!"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: