Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Yule Ball - With a Suspicious Eye [open]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilma Wackshaw
Teacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilma turned to the girl. "That my dear, is Auror William, he works closely with Professor Tonks." she said, turning back to Severus. "Isnt that right Sevvy?"
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naomi was confused. She looked back at Professor Wackshaw.

"I don't get it. Why would an Auror be interested in the Yule Ball?"

She paused.

"Um ... that doesn't mean that something is going to happen here, right?"

Well. if stuff does happen, I have my wand.

"O, if you raise this house against house, / It will the woefullest division prove / That ever fell upon this curs'd earth!" - Carlisle, Shakespeare's Richard II
Adéla Otik
4th year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adéla chocked on her drink and coughed to clear her throat. Looking in Professor Snape’s direction, eyes full of laughter. “I am so sorry, that was uncalled for….” She fought to suppress the grin that was growing on her face. “I think I am going to go find Osprey.” She started to walk away. “Have a good evening Professors. Oh, and Professor Snape, don’t forget the holidays are coming up.” She had a bright smile on her face as she nodded to the other people present and walked away.
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide eyed and quiet as a mouse, she was, not even a rustle of the aged satin as her gaze flickered from William to Wilma, confused at best, indeed.

It seemed a very good time to play wallflower chaparone, and, well, that wasn't any more difficult than to put ones back to the wall and dazzle over the brilliance of finery and movement.

"Oh, I'm Mitzi, Ma'am," she did offer with a shine of smile to Wilma. Somehow, she was going to learn some names!

And cast the ashes back in their eyes.
Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He very nearly choked on the cookie as Wackshaw addressed him again. He refused to respond, maintaining that if he didn't answer to it, she'd have to start calling him something else, if she wanted a response.

He heard the little custodian introduce herself to Wackshaw. He nodded to her, and his face relaxed very slightly. "Ah, Madame Tish. I had no doubt you'd be joining us, this evening. It seems like your sort of affair."

Oh, good. Mitzi is here. At least there will be some hint of sanity in this godforsaken evening.
"Of course, in a novel, people's hearts break, and they die, and that is the end of it; and in a story this is very convenient. But in real life we do not die when all that makes life bright dies to us." -- H.B. Stowe, Uncle Tom's Cabin
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, no, I've never been to anything like this," Mitzi responded with a sudden shining lift of smile, "It's for the children, though, it's... All these colors and so ...it's like a magazine!"

Irrepressible, even as a wall flower, perhaps she was a clemitis rather than a liana.

"We get to target shoot the mistletoe?" Too long to think over that exchange Wilma and Severus had made, by far. Long enough to consider taking random pot shots at the pretty parasites.

Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He raised an eyebrow and allowed a half smile to touch his lips. "I cannot, of course, approve of allowing students to hex things at a time like this, but I'm certainly not going to stand still for Minerva's idiotic kissing charms. And you? Will you be hexing them off or smooching them away? I've heard that the mistletoe will disappear at midnight, so perhaps it can be waited out..."

He glanced about suspiciously, making sure none of the mistletoe had targeted him.
"Of course, in a novel, people's hearts break, and they die, and that is the end of it; and in a story this is very convenient. But in real life we do not die when all that makes life bright dies to us." -- H.B. Stowe, Uncle Tom's Cabin
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That, sounded quite like a challenge to the daisy girl, and so, her chin lifted to settle as stern a gaze as she could muster upon the man. Which was to say, she appeared to be mugging for an unwanted camera.

"I could shoot down more than you, you're a city boy. And if I wasn't wearing this dress, I could catch them, too."

Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kissy-faced boys or sprigs of mistletoe?" He barely held off a laugh as he smirked challengingly down at her, the amusement impossible to wholly conceal.
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?! Mitzis' mouth fell open, outrage as amused as a kitten, her cheeks coloring pink at the accusation.

"I'll kiss the mistletoe!"

Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kissing the mistletoe, even? My, that's a new one," he teased. "I can't be certain that would cause it to go away. I should think you'd gain a whole mistletoe retinue after something like that."

He looked and sounded blatantly rude, but his eyes sparkled merrily at the custodian. He meant to be funny, but no one else needed to know that.
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, I would!" Mitzi insisted, pugnacious, really, but for the laughter of the hazel eyes, the way the corners of her lips tried very hard to quirk into smiles, "I'm practically a ...uh... dryer aid, you know, one of those girls that runs around in the woods with bushes and flowers chasing them."

Sometimes, Mitzis' grasp of European beings left a bit to be desired.

Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time, he did choke on a cookie. He grabbed a cup of punch from the bowl and washed the jam-laden crumbs from his throat. And if this isn't a sign of how my evening is going to progress... I have cookie crumbs lodged in my sinuses.

He looked extremely displeased. "Dryad, Madame Tish. I am certain you mean dryad."

He coughed and took another sip of punch.
Nymphadora Tonks
Adult

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She wandered up to the group by the punch bowl. "Should have figured that this was where the fun was likely to be, tonight," she said with a grin. "Or at least, the kind of fun that I'm inclined to participate in."

"After all, it's not often one finds even the slightest tinge of amusement on the face of our Deputy Headmaster. What did you say to him, Mitzi?" she said with a grin. "After all I do have to amuse myself somehow until my date gets here. Of course, at that point, I do believe I'll wander off. No need to allow the gentleman to be nasty any more than they usually are."
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hello, Tonks!" a soft cheer of voice and sparkle of smile, but the daisy girl was also quick to repeat the word 'dryad' under her breath, as well. Though, 'dryer aid' seemed a good seguey into the Heimlich maneuvour.

"Oh, Professor Snape was telling me about Dryads and mistletoe," Mitzi explained, and of course, she turned curiousity to the other woman, "Oh, you have a date? See, it will follow her around."

A nod, the last she spoke to Severus, almost smugly.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: