Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Yule Ball - With a Suspicious Eye [open]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Yule Ball - With a Suspicious Eye [open] Reply with quote

*~December 18, 1998, 8:15p~*

He posted himself beside the punchbowl. Just because he would be drinking rum through as much of the evening as humanly possible did not mean the students should be, and he would be watching for any attempts to alter the contents of the bowl.

He was fairly certain that Albus would be along in a moment to chide him for having neither a date nor a smile on his face. That was how these things went. It had come to his attention, over the years, that he liked school balls almost as little as he liked Dark Revels. Well, that might be a lie -- at a Dark Revel one at least tended to get the opportunity to release one's wrath upon something. He needed to find a way to nail Rookwood, the smarmy git, before the next meeting. He needed to be taken down a few notches, perhaps in a painfully permanent fashion. A thin smile finally graced his unfortunate features.

Murdering someone's best friend is a poor way to get on their good side. Even if the friend survives. I think twenty years is just long enough to have let that fester.

He revelled in that thought, relishing it like a man does a good wine. He turned his face up and allowed himself to feel a sort of internal consistency, a serenity, for a few moments before he turned his sarcastic gaze back on the room.

I wonder who will be foolish enough to try something on a night like this...
"Of course, in a novel, people's hearts break, and they die, and that is the end of it; and in a story this is very convenient. But in real life we do not die when all that makes life bright dies to us." -- H.B. Stowe, Uncle Tom's Cabin
Wilma Wackshaw
Teacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilma spotted Sev at the punch bowl. "Good thinking, make sure no one spikes the punch eh Sev." she said smirking. "Remember what it was like when we were here. No teachers guarding the punch bowl all night." she added she inched closer to him. "It'd be a shame. . if there was mistletoe hanging around here, wouldnt it." she said winking and advancing again.
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who was that professor with the black and hot pink dress at the punch bowl? asked Naomi to herself. She might have seen her once before.

Okay, you're new, Naomi. You're bound not to know people's names.

She walked up to the punch bowl to take a better look.

"O, if you raise this house against house, / It will the woefullest division prove / That ever fell upon this curs'd earth!" - Carlisle, Shakespeare's Richard II
Adéla Otik
4th year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adéla made her way to the punch bowl to grab a drink. “Professor Wackshaw, Professor Snape. How are you both this evening?” She poured herself a glass of punch as she waited for an answer.
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hello!" chirruped brightly, yes, and with a soft giggle, finally managed an actual curtsey! The skirts were wide enough, after all, and didn't show that she really only dipped down rather than to cross her feet for it.

The punch bowl, seemed safe enough, really; at least, a good place to look around and let all the various swirls of color and shine go by.

"Do I get a flower for my wall?" Mitzi asked with a larks burbling laughter, "Oh, hello, Miss Naomi!"

And cast the ashes back in their eyes.
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey," she said, greeting the daisy girl.

Look, there's finally someone with a good dress, not one of those ugly MTV lookalikes.

She stepped a little closer and jestured towards the people standing around the punchbowl.

"Who are these people again?" she asked quietly.

"O, if you raise this house against house, / It will the woefullest division prove / That ever fell upon this curs'd earth!" - Carlisle, Shakespeare's Richard II
Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He glared at Professor Wackshaw. "Incendio is excellent proof against mistletoe, Professor Wackshaw. It is also excellent proof against any number of other irritating parasites."

He carefully ignored the other professor, instead turning to nod a greeting to Miss Otik.
"Of course, in a novel, people's hearts break, and they die, and that is the end of it; and in a story this is very convenient. But in real life we do not die when all that makes life bright dies to us." -- H.B. Stowe, Uncle Tom's Cabin
Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, I only know a few, really," responded she to Naomi, a flaring of smile, and oh, her joke of wallflower somehow got pulled into mistletoe -- oh, well, she could be difficult indeed to follow, and knew that very well.

"Uhm. I only know Professor Snapes' name. And yours. And Talei... Tal. Martin, and Azriel, and... I don't know if they're here, no."

So much color and movement, she couldn't pick out much at all.

Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naomi shuddered slightly when she heard the comment about Professor Snape and his preferred way of getting rid of 'irritating parasites'. Last week, she had just been incendio-ed until she had burns all over her body. She almost died.

"I like your dress by the way," she said to Mitzi. "Much better than many of the things I've seen today."

Mitzi Tish
3rd year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My dress?" Though, she usually did wear dresses, it was rare indeed any would compliment them. Usually wince a bit and assume the poor thing was color blind. Mitzi looked down, tugging at the gathers of satin.

For a moment, so wistful. Hazel gaze distant, looking into a whole other time, and place. A smile a faint as a song forgotten.

"Oh. It was... My... great great... Well. She made it for a ball. A long time ago. I guess it's old fashioned. But I like it. Thank you."

William Lloyd
New student

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will had seen that Professor Snape had moved towards the punch bowl, followed by Professor Wackshaw. He knew Snape rather well, of course, being the Deputy Headmaster and all. He also knew that Snape was not only an unpleasant Potions Master, but a former Death Eater. A traitor in other words. A surge of hate rose within him at this thought. He hated traitors - even those that moved to the right side. He only knew that Wackshaw was also a Ministry Employee, although what exactly she did Will was unsure.

"Professor Snape," Will greeted politely, moving to stand next to the Potions Master. "Professor Wackshaw. Good evening to you both."

He paused to watch one of the children take a cup of punch before turning back to Snape.

"As I'm sure you are aware, Professor Snape, I am here to ensure no dark activity occurs," he began bluntly, wishing to cut to the chase and not spend any more time in the man's company than strictly necessary. Hopefully the man would react as he hoped. "Do you know of any students that I should keep a particular eye on, and is there anything additional that I should do?"

Last edited by William Lloyd on Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Severus Snape
Teacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He nodded sharply in acknowledgement. "Auror Lloyd, I would have thought that you would have more discretion than to ask such a question in front of any number of people who may or may not be on that list. Had you requested such a list privately before the ball began, you might have gotten one, complete with commentary. As it stands, I recommend that you use the observational faculties your division are so famed for and intuit the answer to that question."

He sneered as he selected a jam-filled cookie from the table. "Or, you could go pester Professor Tonks."
William Lloyd
New student

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will nodded curtly. He had expected nothing more from that traitor, and was glad Snape had been so unhelpful. Now he had a real excuse to watch him very closely. He had actually considered asking Tonks for her opinions on trouble students, but preferred his own observations.

"Thank you for your undoubtedly precious time, Professor Snape," he said smoothly. "Professor Wackshaw, enjoy your evening."

He bowed shortly to them both, and moved off, winding his way unobtrusively through the crowd.
Wilma Wackshaw
Teacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilma giggled at Severus. "You are so adorable when you're snarky." she said, still hanging onto him. "Enjoy your evening William." she said waving at him then turning back and further gawking at Severus.
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naomi looked at the man, the one who had just quickly talked to Prof. Snape, with curiousity as he made his way through the crowd.

Interesting fellow, eh? There has to be a reason why he was being so polite ... maybe he's a visitor?

"Just wondering," asked Naomi to the professors, "who was the man who just left?"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Great Hall -> Balls and Dances All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: