Winters night (closed)
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry -> The Greenhouses

#1: Winters night (closed) Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:06 pm
    —
He leaned against the tall wooden plank that helped make a flower bed waiting for Madison to arrive. Bored, he sighed and moved, turning the bed into a sofa and sat down.

Grabbing his back pack he pulled out the blanket he'd brought and spread it out on his lap, leaning back comfortably and waiting for the girl.

#2:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:30 pm
    —
She slipped quietly into the greenhouse, relieved to be away from the snow. Her hair was dry now, and she'd changed her clothes, which proved to be far more comfortable and warm.

"Hey you." she smiled, shrugging out of his coat and tossing it to him before taking a seat next to him on the couch.

#3:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:34 pm
    —
"Ello you indeed." he said, catching his coat and placing it on his side, before lifting the blanket to allow her to sit under it.

"Better?" he asked, gesturing to her now dry hair and clothing.

#4:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:10 pm
    —
"Yes it is." she admitted, slipping under the blanket and curling up.
"As much as I hate to admit it, you were right about that..." she sighed, leaning back against the couch.

#5:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:31 pm
    —
He chuckled, and moved to place his arm on her hip, pulling her onto his lap.

"I see..." he mumbled into the back of her neck, "Good to know..."

#6:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:51 pm
    —
She turned in his lap so she was facing him now, and rested her forehead on his.
"And this is quite a lovely couch, if you don't mind me pointing that out." a sweet smirk flickering across her lips.

#7:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:17 am
    —
He rested his hands on her hips, under her coat and nodded pensively. "Thank you." he said in a mumble, "Was thinking it would be better to sit on than a plant bed."

#8:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:26 am
    —
"Well, you thought right." she smiled, pulling back slightly before lightly kissing his lips.
"I've never been too fond of sitting in the dirt, actually."

#9:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:11 pm
    —
"No no no..." he mumbled, kissing her back, "Splinters. These things are old ya know...."

#10:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:33 am
    —
"Well then, that's just one more reason..." she laughed, pulling back slightly. "I didn't think of it like that." she continued, glancing at one of the remaining plant beds and wrinkling her nose.

"Ow... to say the least."

#11:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:38 am
    —
He chuckled softly, following her eyes as she looked at the other plant bed. "To say the least indeed." he murmured, shifting to rest his face in the crock of her neck, his arms moving to wrap themselves at her waist.

#12:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:47 am
    —
She smiled softly and began playing with his hair.
"How've you been lately anyways?" she breathed, rather pointedly getting off the subject of the plant beds.

#13:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:49 am
    —
"Bored..." he mumbled against her flesh, "Tired too, can't sleep these days..."

"You?" he asked, turning his head to her neck, kissing it lightly.

#14:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:54 am
    —
"Neutral would be the best word I suppose." she sighed, kissing the top of his head. "Not particularly good, not particularly bad... so I have no complaints." she mused quietly, going back to playing with his hair.

"Why haven't you been sleeping?"

#15:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:01 am
    —
"Good question." he said shrugging slightly. "Don't know....I got used to sleeping with someone this summer, and sleeping alone is no where as satisfying."

"Why are you neutral?"

#16:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:10 am
    —
"Oh... I see." she said, trying to sound not at all interested.

"I'm neutral because..." she thought for a moment "because I have considerably less to feel bad about these days. Now that I ditched my family, and forgot about certain people deserting me."

#17:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:12 am
    —
"What ever your thinking..." he said with a small grin, "It's probably not exactly it."

"Wouldn't that make you happier?" he said, a bit confused, "Getting rid of the negative things in your life..."

#18:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:16 am
    —
"Oh really?" she challenged, not hiding her curiosity this time.

A meek smile flickered onto her face "It did make me happier, for a bit. Then I realized that while some of it was gone... some of it I'd just put off to deal with later. I still ahve a lot to deal with. And I suppose that until I figure things out I'll just be... neutral." she explained slowly, trying to get the right feeling out.

#19:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:17 am
    —
"Yes." he said, kissing her collarbone trough her shirt before leaning back. "Really."

"May I ask why you just don't deal with it now...." he said, watching her, his hands holding her in place as they spoke.

#20:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:22 am
    —
"Then what is it... exactly?" she asked, not completely sure that she wanted to know.

"I can't deal with it now because both situations involve somebody else. Somebody I haven't seen in quite a long time, who I'm going to have to be very angry with when I finally do." she sighed, looking away.

#21:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:27 am
    —
He blushed slight and shrugged, "Slept at my friends most days this summer, or he at mine. We shared a bed more often than not. It sorta was what you thought it was..."

"I told you mine, now may you tell me yours? Who haven't you seen in a very long time that makes you so angry?"

#22:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:26 pm
    —
"Oh..." she said quietly, caught a bit off guard by his answer.

She sighed and played with her fingers nervously. "There's two. Though one of them I probably... well, hopefully won't see again. So I don't know why I still worry about it." she mused darkly, "The other's my grandfather. He's a blue-blooded elitist, and believes he knows what's best for me. Even though he hasn't seen me in almost 6 years."

#23:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:32 pm
    —
"Oh indeed..." he mumbled, expression unreadable.

He nodded slightly, once she finished speaking, saying nothing as he thought. "Perhaps you shouldn't take what he thinks or says in store?" I mean, if you think so little of the man, why think so much of the words?"

#24:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:36 pm
    —
She half-shrugged, "Ever heard of old habits die hard?" she asked with a small sigh. "That's basically it, that and the fact that we're very much alike - or so I heard - so we tend to... um... clash with each other." Clash may have been putting it mildly, but no other word had come to mind.

"I honestly wish I could just shrug him off. But the part of me that hates being alone needs those letters he sends. I'm sure he means well by it all..." her voice faded for a moment. "I'd rather have that kind of attention than none at all. I've been like that my whole life, there's no other way for me to be."

#25:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:09 am
    —
He sat quietly as she spoke, not sure what to tell her, or what he could do to comfort her.

"It's alright to want attention....to need someone there no matter how bad for you they may be." he said quietly, moving a hand to caress her face lightly. "You are after all human."

#26:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:32 am
    —
She watched him intently for a moment, and with a sigh, crawled out of his lap. Quickly, she brought her knees up to her chest, and rested her chin on top of them.

"Exactly." she said quietly, keeping her eyes on him. "It's reckless."

#27:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:32 pm
    —
He sighed lightly when she moved, but made no attempt to stop her. "It is not reckless Madison, it is normal."

"You just..." he moved his hand, as to reach out to her, but changed his mind. "You need to be loved...and cared for unconditionally. Nothing else.."

#28:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:30 pm
    —
"Being human is reckless." she pointed out, biting her lip.
"It's just not rational to need someone. I understand the whole need to be around other people, but to have your life controlled by this one person's prescence.." she trailed off and buried her face.

"Just doesn't make sense." she mumbled.

#29:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:42 pm
    —
He shifted, and grabbed her under her legs and back, placing her on his lap again. His arms were wrapped protectively around her, "It is normal to need, and want, to let yourself be influenced by others, even if you loathe them." he mumbled into her ear, one of his hands stroking her hair.

"We need to love...to be love, and even if it's an illusion, we can let ourselves believe it and fall into it."

#30:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:53 pm
    —
She felt very much like crying, but decided against it. After taking a few deep breaths she trusted herself enough to speak.
"This is hardly fair... you're far to persuasive" she murmured.

#31:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:55 pm
    —
"I'm just saying what you're thinking." he said quietly, his hand still stroking her hair. "You shouldn't be so hard on yourself Maddie...it's...it's empty. You should focus on good things, not bad ones."

#32:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:05 pm
    —
"I don't know how else to be." She whispered, her frustration begining to become evident. "Do you honestly think I enjoy being like this?"

#33:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:07 pm
    —
"Is that what I said?" he asked quietly, a serious tone evident in his voice. "Your perception of my words are out of my control, so please don't be upset with me for stating the truth."

"I want you to realize that it isn't wrong for you to be the way you are, nothing more."

#34:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:18 pm
    —
"Sorry." she mumbled, wrapping her arms around him. "Didn't mean it like that." as she thought she gnawed on the inside of her lip.
"I meant, that it feels wrong. And it's far from a good time, as you could've probably guessed."

#35:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:20 pm
    —
"Then if it feels wrong you should strive to fix the feeling. Not dwell on what's causing it." he said, shifting so her arms could be around him comfortably.

#36:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:33 pm
    —
She nodded slowly, "I'm sorry about going crazy. You shouldn't have to be my wrangler, or babysitter... or whatever you want to call it." she said with a small smile.

"Shall we move on to another topic, before I loose my head again?"

#37:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:34 pm
    —
"Not even if you need me to be?" he asked lightly, with a slight nod of his head, "If that's what you want, then yes."

#38:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:31 pm
    —
Her lips pursed and after awhile she shook her head. "No, not even if I need you to be. It's not fair to you, you shouldn't have to deal with all of my problems." she explained seriously.

"And what else is there for us to discuss?"

#39:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:46 pm
    —
He nodded, but said nothing to her reply.

"School, your plans for the summer...I'm sure we could find lots of things."

#40:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:14 pm
    —
"Since this school is a hotbed of activity..." she muttered, moving so she could lightly kiss his cheek. "And as far as I know, I don't have any plans for the summer. But seing as there's still snow on the ground I think I have a bit of time to get on that."

#41:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:54 pm
    —
"You're a really bad conversationalist for a girl you know." he teased lightly, " I mean, there most be something you can talk more about."

#42:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:00 am
    —
"I'm a bad conversationalist regardless of gender." she countered, grinning. "My problem is I can ramble on forever if there's something I have to say, or people would let me, I just can't think of riveting topics most of the time."

She was silent for awhile before finally thinking of a reason to speak again. "Why don't you talk about yourself? Seems like all we've spoken about is me... and my crazy problems."

#43:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:12 pm
    —
He chuckled, "Well I will let you." he said seriously, " Or else we are to talk of nothing..."

"Isn't much to say..." he said seriously, his tone reveling nothing. " I don't mind speaking about you."

#44:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:23 pm
    —
She sighed, "That's quite frustrating you know." she said as her eyes scanned his face. "You know far more about me than you should."

#45:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:39 pm
    —
He rose an eyebrow and watched her. "Do I now?" he said quietly.

#46:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:51 pm
    —
She quickly nodded and looked away. "I told you, I don't know when to stop talking. I say things that aren't meant for other people to know. You're lucky, I haven't been that bad today."

#47:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:53 pm
    —
"I'd be willing to know anything you would be willing to tell me." he said seriously, " If you trust me enough to say it, then I shall assume it is important enough for me to know."

"Besides, I'm boring."

#48:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:36 pm
    —
She smiled. "Like I said, today I haven't been that bad. I'd go as far as to say my rambling has been rather mild."

"But when it's bad, it's pretty bad." she explained, trying to think of an appropriate way to describe it. "It's like there's a part missing in my thought process, like some filter was removed and I just say whatever I'm thinking no matter how personal or scary it may be."

#49:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:47 pm
    —
"That doesn't necessarily have to be bad." he said after a moments contemplation, " I mean, you need to get it out obviously, or the whole, lack of filter' he used her word, though it wasn't the one he would of chosen "wouldn't happen."

#50:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:53 pm
    —
"Maybe." she allowed, "Either way, one day I'm going to say the wrong thing to the wrong person and end up in a bad situation." she expalined with a tiny sigh.

"I assume you can see how that would not be the best thing?"

#51:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:54 pm
    —
" I never once said that it was a good thing." he clarified, "Just that sometimes it could be a needed thing. They don't always go together."

He shook his head, "I'm not helping at all..."

#52:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:49 pm
    —
"No, you are." she shook her head and gently kissed his lips. "Don't be so hard on yourself, I get what you mean... I think." her voice trailed off a bit.

"I just need to watch who I say things to and I should be alright."she remarked after a moment.

#53:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:56 pm
    —
"As long as I am...." he said quietly, prolonging their kiss.

"You should yes...to be safe. Considering whom your father was, and what compagnie he kept. It would be wise of you to watch your toungue."

#54:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:37 pm
    —
She moved to rest her head on his shoulder. "You are." she said again quietly, closing her eyes. When she thought about her father, and the company he kept, she couldn't supress a shudder.

"I think that would be quite wise on my part indeed." she mumbled, the corners of her mouth pulling down into a frown.

#55:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:39 am
    —
He tangled a hand in her hair, and wrapped his other arm around her. "I'm sorry I mentioned him..." he said after her shudder.

#56:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:52 am
    —
"It's okay." she mumbled, closing her eyes. "Knee-jerk reflex, it'll go away if I give it time. At least that's what I'm banking on."

#57:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:07 am
    —
He nodded slightly, but said nothing.

#58:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:57 pm
    —
"You shouldn't be afraid to mention him. Considering I'm not really afraid to talk about him." she expalined. "The more I get used to talking about him, the quicker that type of reaction will go away. At least, I think."

#59:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:51 pm
    —
"I'm not afraid of mentioning him." he said seriously, "Nor do I fear your reaction because you must come to realize that there are certain times you should keep your comments to yourself."

He smiled slightly, "I was just thinking..."

#60:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:59 pm
    —
"I can try to keep them to myself, but I make no promises." her tone was serious, but her lips were smiling.
"And what were you thinking?" she asked curiously, running her hand through her hair

#61:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:01 pm
    —
"Trying is better since it implies effort." he said seriously.

"Hrm..." he said, forced to focus on her and let his mind go back to the task. "Nothing really, just things..." he laughed, "Sorry..."

#62:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:33 am
    —
Her eyes narrowed slightly. "Well that's frustrating." she said quietly moving her hand so she could go back to playing with his hair.

"Can I ask what kind of things? Or is it better if I don't know?"

#63:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:59 am
    —
"I know..." he said quietly, "I'm sorry..."

He leaned into her hand, his eyes closed and body relaxed, "Well....just...home and last summer and this summer...who knows, life maybe..."

#64:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:09 am
    —
She smiled and lightly kissed his forehead. "Those sound like some awfully big thoughts." she mused in a serene whisper, thinking it would be better if she refrained from firing questions at him.

#65:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:11 am
    —
He laughed, "They could be....I was just thinking how you reacted when I mentioned last summer..." he shrugged, "It's all just thought, I like just holding you."

#66:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:22 am
    —
"Hmm," she was still smiling "Yes that was one of the more interesting points of the conversation." she remarked with a small laugh.

#67:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:24 am
    —
He laughed, "I'm glad to know that you thought so."

#68:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:46 am
    —
She nodded, taking his hand in both of hers and doing some thinking of her own.
"What was it about my reaction that was so amusing? Out of curiosity..."

#69:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:07 pm
    —
He shrugged, watching her as she played with his hand distractedly, "You're aloof response I guess...."

"I'm tired." he mumbled, "So what I say makes no sense, forgive me."

#70:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:26 am
    —
"You can sleep if you want." She suggested quietly, breaking her eyes away from his hand to glance up at him.

#71:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:45 am
    —
He shook his head, "That would mean going back to the dorms."

"I'd much rather stay here until a perfect chastest us for doing so."

#72:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:29 am
    —
She laughed and gently kissed him once again, still holding onto his hand.
"You're quite fun to talk to when you're sleep deprived." she mumbled quietly.

#73:  Author: Yuri Balakrishnan PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:43 am
    —
He chuckled into her mouth but said nothing. His free hand moving to cup her face.

#74:  Author: Madison Avery PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:55 pm
    —
She smiled and nipped at his bottom lip lightly, her hand moving up to tangle in his hair.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry -> The Greenhouses

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1