Yule Ball - Heading Towards the Exit [open]
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry -> Balls and Dances

#1: Yule Ball - Heading Towards the Exit [open] Author: Naomi C. HamiltonLocation: Gryffindor Common Room PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:08 pm
    —
[[Dec 18th, evening]]

It's been a rough day for the introverted Gryffindor. Admittedly, dances were not her thing, but she decided to come to this one because she was new to the school.

She looked at the expensive outfits that her schoolmates wore as they walked into the room. She imagined how much they would cost. Too much for her. And besides, she wouldn't fit into any of them because she wasn't built to a fashion model's dimensions.

And what is with the focus about getting a guy anyway? Naomi did not need a guy. She knew too well that love will never be forever and lovers can not be trusted. She could not see why would people get so upset for not having a date to go to the dance.

Peer pressure. Dates. Showing off. It's like middle school again. She was happy to have gotten out, but not it seems like she has gone back in again.

Why do people here act like middle schoolers? she asked herself.

Oh yeah, they ARE middle-schoolers. She had to constantly remind herself that she was about two years older than her classmates. Blast them grades. She really needed better study skills.

Her reason for coming - to get a feel for how Hogwarts dances are like - has been completed.

She glanced around, and seeing that no one was watching her at that moment, headed for the door.

She thought about going to the library. She needed to study anyway.

#2:  Author: Alisha Tarakov PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:45 pm
    —
A cup of punch held loosely in her hand, Alisha took a sip before spotting the Gryffindor.

That was the one that saved her from the Slytherin, wasn't it? Was she departing already?

Small, elegant strides were taken towards the other girl, coming from years of ballet, her posture was immaculate. Smile spread across her painted lips, Alisha addressed the girl in a friendly tone.

"Hey ..why are you leaving so soon?"

#3:  Author: Naomi C. HamiltonLocation: Gryffindor Common Room PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:47 pm
    —
She looked around, trying to find the source of the friendly voice. Then she saw Alisha walking towards her.

A small smile spread through her face.

Thank goodness there is someone I like in this ball.

"Hi," she said to her, "I don't think I've told you my name yet. I'm Naomi Hamilton. Nice to meet you." She extended her hand.

#4:  Author: Alisha Tarakov PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:54 pm
    —
Alisha lightly shook the other girls hand, nodding to the greeting. Ever present smile graced her darkened lips.

"Alisha Tarakov..." She paused. "Thank you for -- well yea, with that Slytherin." The Russian blushed slightly.

#5:  Author: Naomi C. HamiltonLocation: Gryffindor Common Room PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:06 pm
    —
"Azriel, yeah I know him," responded Naomi. "in a bad way. The Ostheims can be jerks sometimes."

She paused.

"Did I say sometimes? I meant, all the time," she said.

"Anyway, I'm glad you're all right, Alisha. I hope he didn't cause you too much trouble."

#6:  Author: Alisha Tarakov PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:44 pm
    —
Alisha's green eyes widened. "You mean -- there's more than one?" She said with a trace of fear in her voice.

This wasn't good.

"No ..I'm fine. I'm just glad Pomfrey was able to fix your burns. I feel so bad, you were only helping me and look what happened." Gaze dropped to the ground.

#7:  Author: Naomi C. HamiltonLocation: Gryffindor Common Room PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:00 pm
    —
"Yeah, he has a sister named Elisabeth." She pointed her out to Alisha.

Then she said in a stronger voice, "Never mind that. It's not your fault. That blasted drunk shouldn't have been drinking anyway."

"What good does alcohol every do anyway?"

#8:  Author: Alisha Tarakov PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:13 pm
    —
Alisha quickly glanced at the Slytherin girl, than back to Naomi. Hands grasped nervously in front of her.

"I can't stand alcohol. My dad -- Well, I'm never going to touch a drop of the stuff. I hate what it makes people do."

Troubling thoughts filled her mind, which she quickly pushed out.

#9:  Author: Naomi C. HamiltonLocation: Gryffindor Common Room PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:30 pm
    —
"That's very smart," responded Naomi. "Why would someone purposely want to choose to give away control of themselves and blame their loss of control for hurt others, I just don't understand."

"So, what do you think of the Yule ball?"

#10:  Author: Hermione Granger PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:29 am
    —
Hermione walked over to Naomi. "Sorry to interupt your conversation, but your brother is trying to cause trouble again." she said holding out the wand. "I told him you'd be keeping his wand until the dance is over." Hermione said with a smile. "I figure, safest with you." she added.

#11:  Author: Alisha Tarakov PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:30 am
    —
Alisha didn't particularly wish to discuss alcohol anymore, so simply nodded.

"Its alright, I guess. I wish I had a date though. You?" She said with an embarrassed laugh. As Hermione joined the conversation, the brunette remained silent.

#12:  Author: Naomi C. HamiltonLocation: Gryffindor Common Room PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:37 am
    —
Naomi sighed. Not him again.

"Thank you Hermione," replied Naomi as she accepted the wand and hid it in her garments. "I'll have a word with my brother after the ball."

She turned to Alisha, saying, "No, I don't have a date either. But who needs a date to have fun?"

To Hermione, she asked, "How are you enjoying the dance?"

#13:  Author: Hermione Granger PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:46 am
    —
Hermione smiled. "Well, concidering I've only been here a few minutes. . and I have no idea where Ron is." she said looking around. She shrugged. "His loss I guess."

#14:  Author: Naomi C. HamiltonLocation: Gryffindor Common Room PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:59 pm
    —
"Sorry, I haven't seen him Hermione," said Naomi.

"I'm sorry guys, but I got to go deal with Kastor right now. I don't want to be dealing with more trouble at the ball. I'll see you all later on in the ball, though. Enjoy."

She waved, shot a smile, and respectively took off in search of Kastor. If he thought that she was immediately going to give back his wand, he was wrong.

[Naomi left the thread]

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry -> Balls and Dances

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1