Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Reopening Of Borgin and Burkes

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Knockturn Alley -> Borgin and Burkes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Borgin
New student

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reopening Of Borgin and Burkes Reply with quote

It was a pitch black night in Knockturn as a stooped figure heaved open the door to Borgin and Burkes and slammed it shut again, stirring up a thick cloud of dust. The man sweared as he fumbled with his wand in the dark, then muttered, "Lumos". He coughed violently from inhaling much of the dust cloud that shrouded his shop. He obviously hadn't occupied it in quite a while, as everything within was draped with an inch of grime. He lit some wall sconces with his wand. The light was meager and barely illuminated a thing, but it was unnecessary for Mr. Borgin to navigate his way through the all too familiar objects.

The Ministry had taken him for questioning concerning the fact that one of his wares had allowed the entry of four Death Eaters in Hogwarts. After he wriggled his way out of the grip of the Ministry investigators, he chose to lay low for awhile at a trustworthy acquaintance's place. He had finally returned. He was pleased to see that his anti-theft curses had kept his stock secure, but without someone to tend to the place, it had fallen into disarray and become uninhabitable.

He cursed again. "It's going to take a week to air this dump out. Blasted Ministry! Always poking their nose into things that don't concern them."
Veril Dobbs
3rd year

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veril walked into the shop. The sign said closed, but the door was unlocked. It was very late at night, and she had watched Borgin return.

She smiled, not needing light to navigate her way around. She reached the back door and knocked. "Really Borgin, you should try and keep this place up a little better." She said. "And you should lock your door when your closed.. anyone could just walk in." she added, in a smart alic tone.
Mr. Borgin
New student

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Borgin bit back a sarcastic retort when he saw who it was that dared enter his shop against his wishes. "I could've sworn I'd locked it."

Knockturn Alley is lit with no torches, lamps, or lights of any sort during the hours of darkness, but the inhabitants and frequent visitors prowl the dreary street all the same. The place was called Knockturn for a reason.

"I appologize for the appearence of the place. I have just returned from -- a vacation of sorts." He turned to face the girl with a smile that was more like a grimace. "How can I help you?"
Veril Dobbs
3rd year

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veril's face turned serious. "I know where the hell you've been Borgin!" She said. "Thats why I'm here." She added. "Father.. is very upset." She said, referring to you-know-who.
Mr. Borgin
New student

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Borgin jumped back at her harsh tone. There was no use talking back to Veril. If you p***** her off enough, she'd only report to her father. Borgin threw a nervous glance to the miry windows to make sure that nosy neighbors had not ventured nearer to eavesdrop.

"Wh-what exactly has him in this state?" He said, wringing his hands. "I haven't exactly heard anything while I was away--"
Veril Dobbs
3rd year

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veril sighed. "I think youi know very well why father is displeased." she said. "You were in custody of the Ministry Borgin. You barely got away. Then you went into hiding. Father is one of your best clients, and you have not been of service to him for some time now." She said. "Yet, suprizingly that is not my main point of focus right now." She said. "I need some assistance." She said. "There is a.. certain witch.. that needs taking care of." she added.
Mr. Borgin
New student

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah, there I can help you." He began, falling back upon his trade. He exricated his wand and began to Scourgify the grimy floor of the shop. "I'll not have the daughter of the Dark Lord standing in filth." He remarked sneeringly.

He moved on to magically clearing the many-sized glass display cases containing various ancient artifacts; all seeping with old, powerful, Dark magic. If it weren't for the unbreakable containers, even the insignificant scouring spell would set them off. "Lucious Malfoy saw fit to dispose of the majority of his poisons some years ago, and they strengthen with age, you kn-- Merlin!" He'd just finished with several cases before he noticed that there were no objects under the now crystal clear glass.

"No..." he said in a raspy whisper as he investigated the nearest case. "No." He practically flew over to the other side of the shop and ridded all the cases of dust with a sweeping flourish of his wand. Empty cases. "NO!" He exclaimed in a strangled cry. "My security wards! Bloody Ministry! They confiscated everything! D*** them! It's gone! It's all gone! My business is ruined!" He collapsed in shock over a barren counter with his head in his hands.
Veril Dobbs
3rd year

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veril smiled as he began cleaning the place. She first thought Borgin was trying to get her to leave with his shinanigans. "You wont get rid of me that easy Borgin." she said. She then realized he wasnt trying to get rid of her. "I'm going to kill that woman one way or another, no ministry of anything is going to stop me!" She said, her hatred for Bellatrix growing even stronger. "Borgin, f*ck the ministry bastards!" she said. "You'll get your damned stuff back, if I have to personally find out who the ministry sold it to." She added, her tone being harsh through the whole monologue.
Mr. Borgin
New student

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Borgin went to the rickety wooden cabinets behind his counter that held his last hope. It was empty of course. The poisons would have been the first thing to go... He finished returning the shop too its original state regardless and noted the few remaining objects -- objects so trivial he didn't know why he had them there in the first place.

"All those months of lying low with no job... I can't hold out long on what I've got left. To make money, I have to have items to sell. To get those items, I have to buy them from other people -- with money that I need just to stay alive! There's got to be some other poor, desperate fool that needs to exchange a lot of goods for close to nothing! Malfoy! He is in Azkaban, correct! Surely he could stand to lose a few things in his position!" He was grasping at air now, but what else could he do?
Veril Dobbs
3rd year

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dont be a moron Borgin, Malfoy's been out for some time now." Veril said. "Wow, have you really been gone that long." She said. "Well look Borgin, I'll make you a deal." She said leaning against the now cleaned counter. "I'll find you stuff to sell in your shop, and I'll even get you a benifactor.. but you must not tell my father that I am trying to kill." Veril said.
Mr. Borgin
New student

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things were going from bad to worse very quickly. Borgin swollowed and choked as he struggled to comprehend the seriousness of the straights he was in. "Y-you mean, this plan of yours... is a secret? The Dark Lord doesn't know? And you want me," he gulped again, "To keep it from him?" He was trapped between a rock and a hard place now. Torn between loyalty to the Dark Lord and his tyranical twit, and he was sure no Occlumens.

Either way, he could get killed. Either way, there was a good chance he could be rescued from financial distress. But since Veril had already made her offer, it would be safer to assume that he'd get what he wanted out of the bargin. He took a deep breath. "Yes, M'Lady. You have my word."
Veril Dobbs
3rd year

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Relax Borgin." She said. "I know you are no occlumens. That will be excused, but not directly telling the man. He already has his suspicions. He doesnt know I was here though." Veril said. "So he should have no reason to suspect." She added.

"Good good, I will be going now. I'll be in contact." and with that she left.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Knockturn Alley -> Borgin and Burkes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: