Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

A Neverending Search (open)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Owlery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vivian Grant
New student

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: A Neverending Search (open) Reply with quote

-tues aug. 28, 99 *sometime early morning*-

Vivian pushed open the old wooden doors to the Owlery and stepped inside. She was in search of the one and only creature within in five hundred mile radius who would keep her company. I hate being new.. she thought bitterly, and tucked a piece of her brown, wavy hair behind her left ear.

Vivian tilted her head back, gazing at the sea of owls fluttering in and out of the windows. Most were settling down to get some well-earned sleep after a night of hunting. Vivian only wished she could do as much. But the constant feeling of lonliness had taken it's toll, and she found she was unable to do any of the things she would normally do - including sleeping.

I wonder if Artie is back yet she thought to herself. But at that moment, she heard a rush of wings behind her and then a light pressure on her right shoulder. As she turned her head to look, her nose was buried in soft, brown feathers.

"Hey, Artie." She chuckled. "Have a good night out?" His response was a soft knick at her fingers as she reached up her left arm to stroke him. She sighed. "You're a good friend, Artie. But I think I might need someone who can talk back to me."
Zahab Rayna
New student

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well then, your wish has been granted!" Zahab exclaimed, bowing for a dramatic effect. She had just walked through the owlery door sleepily when she heard Vivian. She grinned at her with a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"Hey there. What brings you here at this wonderful time of the early fresh morning?" She asked sarcastically in a good-natured way. And as if on the cue a yawn escaped her lips. She hated mornings. No. She loathed them. Especially when she needs to get up for class. But this time she just couldn't sleep and decided to wander randomly around the castle and somehow she ended up here.
way they were.
Vivian Grant
New student

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the sound of the new voice, Vivian spun around. Sure enough, there stood a girl Vivian did not recognize. A Gryffindor. Vivian flushed scarlet.

"I didn't realize I had company." She said with a nervous smile. "I just couldn't sleep." She paused, waiting for a reply. When one didn't come right away she added, "I'm Vivian Grant. I'm uhh..new around here. I didn't think anyone would be awake this early, so I came out to see my fri-" she started, but stopped herself. She didn't want to freak out the only girl who had spoken to her so far by calling her owl one of her friends. Besides, she had already heard her talking to Artie once..
"-my owl." she finished.
Zahab Rayna
New student

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zahab smiled at the girl, amused. "I'm Zahab. Zahab Rayna. I guess we have something in common then. I'm kinda new here too. Just transferred." She walked over and stroked the owl with a finger. It immediately snipped at her and she chuckled.

"Nice owl you've got there. Lucky you. I really do want an owl. I'm stuck with Spot, though. My hyperactive puppy." She added, smiling sheepishly. "I presume your owl's name is Artie? I heard you calling him that."
way they were.
Vivian Grant
New student

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivian grinned. Zahab was just..cool.

"Yeah this is Artie." she said smiling and glancing at her owl. He stared back at her with his big, dark eyes and clicked his beak. "Don't mind his bad manners, he's never been that good with strangers. So you have a puppy, huh? I've always wanted one. My sister is terribly allergic to them though. It was rough when I was younger, all my friends had dogs." She paused, unsure of where to take this conversation next. There was one thing she was dying to ask, but wondered what her new friend would think. She'll probably laugh Vivian decided.

"So is there any talent around here?" she asked, confidence building. "I've yet to see any cute boys.. and it would be such a disappointment to find out there aren't any. Perhaps you could tell me now, and put me at ease." She smiled.
Zahab Rayna
New student

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zahab's eyes lit up and she grinned widely at Vivian. For a Hufflepuff she's pretty brave, she thought liking her new friend already.

"We're on the same track! I was the wondering about cute guys too! I haven't been here long enough to see any really cute guys, though. Can't wait." Her smile then dropped slightly and she added hesitantly. "It's pretty embarrassing to be 16 and a 6th year who has never had a boyfriend. Ever." She everted her eyes to the window. "My best friends have been guys for as long as I can remember and they're the best. They make life worth living. I've never had a female friend before." Her voice went softer and softer as she said this. She missed her best friends so much that it even hurt even thinking about them. She immediately felt guilty for making Vivian uncomfortable. Zahab always had the gift to turn an tensed atmosphere to a a lot lighter one. She turned around to face Vivian, smiling.

"So.. do you have a boyfriend?" She teased good-naturedly.
way they were.
Vivian Grant
New student

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivian stared at Zahab, hardly believing her ears.
"You've never had a boyfriend? Wow, I guess there's no real hope for a girl like me." She gave Zahab a smile. "I suppose that answers your question, I don't have a boyfriend. I've gone on a few dates and stuff but I never follow up. I guess those first dates lacked the 'spark'." Her mouth spread into a wide smile. "I was hoping to find the 'spark' here perhaps."

Although that was a fairly personal thing to admit, she found herself wanting to share everything with her new friend. Even though they had just met, Vivian already suspected she had more in common with this girl than most.

"It's pretty cool all your friends are guys though. To be honest, I get along alot better with guys then I do girls too. Where I come from, guys are definitely more fun when it comes to sport. I'm muggle born, you see. And when I was little, not many girls liked playing rounders when they could be playing dolls. My dad got me involved, and I liked it."
Suddenly, Artie took off from her shoulder and fluttered over to Zahab. He perched happily on her right shoulder, and looked over at Vivian for approval.
"Oh I'm sorry." She said hastily. "If you don't want him there just kind of brush him off. He's not normally so open with strangers." She giggled nervously, unsure of what Zahab would do.
Zahab Rayna
New student

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zahab was surprised when she found Artie perched on her right shoulder. She lifted her left hand to shuffle his feathers, smiling.

"Looks like your owl likes me." She chuckled lightly.

"I'm a halfblood and I totally agree with you. Guys are way more fun then the girls. Maybe I feel that way because I was always different from them. They would spend their time gossiping and doing manicures and I'd spend my time playing basketball and arcade games." She assumed Vivian knew what they were as she was a muggleborn. Turning back to the topic of boyfriends, she smiled sheepishly. "Well, you'll have to believe it. I've never had a boyfriend. I mean yeah, a few guys did ask me out but I refused them all." She rolled her eyes at her own reply. "Okay, fine I lied. Lots of guys asked me out but oh well. And hey, you would get a guy easily. We just have to work on your shyness." Zahab stroked her chin with a finger mockingly and then burst out laughing, hopping she didn't offend Vivian.

"Joking! You're perfect the way you are." She grinned.
way they were.
Vivian Grant
New student

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivian burst out laughing along with her new friend.
"The thing is," she began, "I'm not really shy. At least..not in the 'muggle' world.. for lack of a better word. I guess I'm kind of shy here because I'm muggle born, and I assumed I'd be way behind and not well liked because of it." She blushed. "I've heard muggle-borns can be treated pretty harshly." Vivian's smile faded slightly.

"But hey!" She said, a smile returning to her face. "There is something you can help me with! Together, we shall search Hogwarts top to bottom until we find a guy!" She threw her right arm into the air in a dramatic fist pump, and laughed.

"And yes," she said, "Artie does like you."
Zahab Rayna
New student

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Definitely! And we shall not rest until we find one! Which I hope won't take long." Zahab laughed.

"Yeah, I have heard them treating muggleborns harshly but I don't really think it's that bad. It's not like every single student in this school is a pureblood. Those Slytherins we-hate-muggleborn-and-we-have-the-right-to-bring-them-down should really get a life." Zahab said, loathing all Slytherins who live for that. She wasn't the type to judge people and that's one reason she believed that not all Slytherins are bad. Heck, she was friends with a high-class pureblood guy who hated his family back home!

"You know what, sometimes I wished I had some shyness in me." Zahab admitted with a small smile. She had never told this to anyone. "I mean, I'm too outgoing for my own good. Not to mention crazy. Take an example. How I greeted you when I first saw you." She grinned at the memory of her dramatic bow and chuckled.

"And I like your owl too."
way they were.
Vivian Grant
New student

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivian smiled.

"You want to be shy?" She questioned, and then laughed. "Yes, I suppose you're right. There is such a thing as being too bold.." Her eyes twinkled.
"And for the record," she continued, "I love the way you greeted me! It was definitely relaxing. If you had been all incredibly stiff and proper I'm not sure we'd be having this much fun!"

At that point, Artie took off lightly from Zahabs shoulder, and fluttered towards the ceiling. He perched next to a snowy owl and put his head under his wing.

"So," she began, taking her eyes off her owl, "would you wanna go down to Hogsmeade later on this week? Continue our search for the boys that have, for some reason, gone into hiding?" She chuckled.
Zahab Rayna
New student

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Really?" Zahab asked, her eyes twinkling. "Glad you liked my greeting!"

Hearing Vivian's offer, her eyes lit up. "Sure! I haven't been to Hogsmeade yet so I would definitely love to. Look for guys with you and if you're lucky, we'll get you a date!" Zahab chuckled.

"I heard that Zonko's Joke Shop is a huge hit. I really wanna check out that too." Zahab grinned.
way they were.
Vivian Grant
New student

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivian grinned back.
"Zonko's it is!"
Zahab Rayna
New student

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zahab smiled at her and yawned. "What time is it anyways? My yawn tells me it's freaking early."
way they were.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Owlery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: