Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

**Spoiler** Death & Crying

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Spoilers -> **SPOILER** 7th Book
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minerva McGonagall
Teacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: **Spoiler** Death & Crying Reply with quote

I cried when Hedwig, Snape, Fred, Bella, Dobby, Tonks, and Lupin died. I cried when I thought Hagrid was dead. I cried when Harry knew he had to die. I cried a lot.

My book has pages with water wrinkles on it.

I was mad though, that Mrs. Weasley Killed Bella. . . it was always Neville's right to do it. He should have been the one to bring her to an end. Though I was happy that Neville got to play a part in the killing of you-know-who. He pulled the sword out of the hat. ^_^

How did everyone else like it? What were you all mad/upset about?

Meht: McGonagall was a casualty.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Madison Avery
3rd year

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so happy with Neville, he ended up being so brave! And up until the final battle I was completely convinced it'd be him to kill off Bellatrix. But still, Mrs.Weasley swearing and killing someone.... pretty cool.

I surprisingly did not cry until they were lining up the dead in the great hall or wherever it was, and Tonks and Lupin were next to Fred. I thought that was the most horrible thing ever. But, then again, as soon as Lupin made Harry the godfather I thought "dammit, now they're going to die."

Um, and yeah, the epilogue angered me, a lot. I was expecting to learn more. I guess it was cute though?
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was funny when Al and I started reading together (Chip was there too but she already finished it before us), because we kept trying to predict what would happen next. I was so prepared for blood shed that I freaked in the first chapter when the teacher first spoke thinking that they were gonna kill off McGonagall. Then I freaked when I though Hagrid died. But when actual deaths came, not until the very last few did I feel really bad about them.

I totally disagree with the way JK just decided last minute, "Okay you two (Remus and Tonks) you're dead now." But that's probably the only thing I disagreed with.

I thought the scene in which Harry believed he had to die was brilliant. It was really dramatic and brought me to tears as well (as well as made me gloat because I'd come to the Harry is a Horcrux theory on my own before most people did. Al kept telling me, "It's impossible! You're theory doesn't make any sense!" Razz). Then the twist afterwards was just amazing! Never saw that coming. I thought it would end with a trace of Voldy still lingering in the world and the others hunting it down.

One really hillarious thing was that I was reading the reviews of one of Snapesnogger's (deviantart) Snape pictures, and someone blatantly stated, "(something I can't remember), Snape dies, and Harry names his kid Albus Severus." And the way they stated it, like so quickly just to throw it out there, I thought it was babble and completely forgot about it. So Snape's death and the name of Harry's child were still complete shocks to me even though I should have been spoiled. Talk about a one-track mind.
Teacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pissed that she didn't talk about Luna. She killed for the sake of killing, then didn't tell me what happened to Luna in the epi.

Meht: McGonagall was a casualty.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Martin Miggs
3rd year

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a few interviews I read, Harry and Ron are Aurors and Hermione is in Magical Law Enforcement or something like that, and they revolutionize the Ministry. Luna Lovegood married Rolf Scamander and becomes a naturalist, discovering new many new magical species. Snape gets a Headmaster portrait mostly due to Harry's insisting. Fawkes never returns. George gets married to some unknown woman and his son's name is Fred. Percy Weasley has returned to a high standing position in the Ministry. Mr. Weasley repairs Sirius' motorbike and gives it to Harry. James sneaks Harry's Marauder's map out of a desk and takes it to school with him. Teddy Lupin is not a werewolf but is a metamorphmagus.
Firenze is welcomed back into the herd of centaurs, but still teaches at the school I think. The Malfoys avoid Azkaban by claiming they helped Harry in the end. All the other DEs are in Azkaban. Draco and Harry are NOT friends after the war.

And that's the extended epilogue.

On an interesting note, it's still being debated over whether Bellatrix is dead or not. The book only says she collapsed. Harry's comment that he knew what was about to happen can imply both her being stunned, (because that's the spell that Sirius was hit with), or that she was killed (becuause Sirius died anyway).
New student

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can read JKR's original draft of the epilogue here.

She kind of changed her mind the last minute and didn't add all the details in the book's epilogue. I wish she did though.

I bawled like a baby when Fred died. The moment Remus made Harry the godfather, I knew they were going to die too. It's almost like history repeating itself. Dobby didn't deserve to die. I was really angered then. Neville should have killed Bellatrix. He had the right to. But Mrs. Weasley swearing and killing her also was pretty cool.
Villam King
New student

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cried when Fred died, I cried when Snape's memories came into fruitation and I cried when Harry told Al that he was named after a Slytherin who was one of the bravest people who ever knew.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Spoilers -> **SPOILER** 7th Book All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: