Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Full Moon Night (Open!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Astronomy Tower
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melanie Skye
New student

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melanie wanders the night, unable to sleep and unwanting to work on homework of some kind. She walks up the stairs of the astronomy tower, hoping that gazing at the moon may give her some kind of rest. Arriving at the door way, she sees three people she did not know. One she recognizes slightly, the other two not at all. Which is not surprise considering she did not talk to many outside her house the past few years - choosing instead to concentrate on schoolwork just like her parents wished. Melanie straightens her peasant blouse and jeans, and takes a deep breath. Smiling slightly she steps through the doorway.
Sven Silenoz
New student

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven smiled as he acknowledged both the question and the newcomer. He stared off into the forest. "With them," he said after a pause. "And with whoever requires my allegiance the most. Always the underdog. The worthy underdog." He looked over at Chip slowly. "And you, may I ask where your allegiance lies?"
Melanie Skye
New student

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melanie steps forward with a smile. "What are these questions of allegiance for? I don't believe you're talking of You-know-who or the ministry."
Brushing her long hair behind her ears, she adds, "Allegiances are a tricky thing, something that can be changed in a split second with just a thought. A better question would be what is your allegiance and length of time it will last."
She gives a grin that just doesn't go with the serious nature of the conversation, and walks to the window staring out at the full moon.
"When I was younger, I asked my Uncle, 'Do you follow the moon?', he just laughed and told me that the moon was his second greatest fear. Allegiances can be confused with fears, so maybe you could ask what side do you fear the most? For that is the side most are likely to join."
Sven Silenoz
New student

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He smiled mischievously at the newcomer. "And what would you know of allegiance? What wars have you fought in your life? For that matter how many true battles have you witnessed? People talk of their allegiance to their country, or to their loved ones, or to a team, but until you have actually experienced a battle of truly opposing forces, there is no way of knowing where to place your allegiance. After all my battles, inner and outer, I have found that the only ones you can trust are the ones who trust no one. It is those that are too trusting that should be feared." After his small rant he turned back to Chip. "Anyways," casting a strange look at Melanie, as if to say 'wait you're turn this time,' "back to my question. Where do you place your allegiance for the time being?"
Chip Schlange
2nd year

Location: Latched onto Severus Snape's leg. I'll never let go, Snape, never let go...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip's face darkened considerably, showing her displeasure.
"No offense, but the allegiances I'm speaking of... only the weak would change between them, especially for when it better suits them. I am takling about the coming battle between light and darkness, of course. I chose light many years ago, and nothing can change that, no matter my background or what is inherantly expected of me," she forced her expression to relax, trying not too seem so cruel.
"I'm sorry for seeming so rude," she said, turing towards the newcomer.
"Don't worry, I won't ask you such a personal question. I'm just do tired of certain House rivalries. Especially with everyone on edge. Like I've said before, my own House is divided, to my disappointment. Cowards, the lot of them... So, what is your name?"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~Adam Savage
Sven Silenoz
New student

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven could see no point in joining the battle between light and darkness. It was not his battle. It never was. The only battle that mattered to him was the battle of nature and machine, and of course, he chose nature.
Melanie Skye
New student

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melanie grins. "You are not being rude, forgive my...I guess lesser years would be the right phrase. Normally I am not be this philosophical, but full moon nights bring memories, dreams, and nightmares. Sometimes I wonder how I survived."
She turns toward Chip, "Ignore my ramblings. I am Melanie Skye."
Sven Silenoz
New student

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And I am Sven," he said gently. He hoped that she had not taken offense to his heated rant, there was no harm intended. "Careful," he motioned to Chip. "She seems anxious to throw someone off the tower, so watch your step."
Melanie Skye
New student

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nice to meet you!" Melanie grins. She had taken no offense, actually she was unsure whether that could be taken insulting or not.
"Am I being impertinent, or may I ask what puts you on edge tonight, Chip?"
Chip Schlange
2nd year

Location: Latched onto Severus Snape's leg. I'll never let go, Snape, never let go...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip smiled warmly.
"Chip Schlange. It's a pleasure to meet you. I was having a perfectly pleasant night with two other companions, discussing the night sky when this one," she jerked a thumb in Sven's direction. "Came along and stirred things up. I'm afraid our talk had taken a rather serious and unpleasant turn. Please, make yourself at home here. The moon's not going anywhere for now."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ~Adam Savage
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Astronomy Tower All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: