Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    

Silent Enim: Seeking Help [Lupin/closed]

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Defense Against the Dark Arts -> Lupin's Office
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Silent Enim: Seeking Help [Lupin/closed] Reply with quote

March 14th
Continuing from Words of Caution

(( The title of this thread is a play of the title of the "Silent Enim Leges Inter Arma" thread, which in turn comes from a phrase in Cicero's defense speeches. Naomi translated the phrase as "Laws are mute amongst weapons." ))

(( The title of this thread, "Silent Enim", literally means "They are mute", which could refer to the 'laws' but also in turn to the two Ravenclaws. ))

The prefect jetted down the halls and ended up at Prof. Lupin's door. He'd helped her get out of a jam one time, so she'd thought that he'd help her again.

Besides, she didn't want to go directly to the Headmistress, oh, nope, nope, nope.

She called out for Prof. Lupin, her words striving to overcome her strained breathing.

Please, Professor.

"O, if you raise this house against house, / It will the woefullest division prove / That ever fell upon this curs'd earth!" - Carlisle, Shakespeare's Richard II
Remus Lupin
Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Come on in!" He said, the door swinging open. The Professor sees a frazzled Naomi. "Naomi dear, whats gone wrong?" He said, jumping up and pulling her inside the classroom.
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was still thinking of Cicero's Latin words as Professor Lupin pulled her into the office.

(( The collection of threads that led to the fight had a Cicero theme. ))

"iuva nobis, magister," she said, her voice unusually animated and dripping with urgency. The prefect was normally serious in class, but she was able to push her voice and her gestures to an effective and dramatic level when she chose to do so. "silent enim. vereor, magister -

(( Translation: Help us, professor. They are mute. I fear, professor - ))

They were words from Cicero's tongue, of course adapted to fit the situation here. She did not specify who 'us' was, or who or what 'they' were.

Having realized that she was speaking in Latin, Naomi buried her face in her hands. She took a few deep breaths before continuing in a much calmer tone:

"Mea culpa. I'm sorry."

"Please come. A fight has come out of control and I need a professor's help. There is blood everywhere. I fear one of the students may be in grave danger."

"O, if you raise this house against house, / It will the woefullest division prove / That ever fell upon this curs'd earth!" - Carlisle, Shakespeare's Richard II
Remus Lupin
Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Relax Naomi, remember, work on not speaking in Latin so much." He said. "Cicero. . one of the best." He grabbed a bar of chocolate. "Eat this on the way, and lead me there." He said.
Naomi C. Hamilton
4th year

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sorry," she said, embarrassed.

She led Professor Lupin to the scene. She hoped that she was not too late.

She tried to nibble on the chocolate as she walked.

(( leaves when Prof Lupin is ready ))

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Forum Index -> Defense Against the Dark Arts -> Lupin's Office All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: